Is being in the Climate Accord good? Is our stock market going up good? Trade of

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image51
    Ericdierkerposted 14 months ago

Is being in the Climate Accord good? Is our stock market going up good? Trade offs good?

Not a news report and not an expert saying this; News of pulling out of the accord and the stock market shot up to all time highs. The stock market is the primary investment for retired seniors to make their retirement fund last. Stock market doing well means more jobs. I wonder if the kids from Watts looking for a job cares about the accord. I doubt that the father of three looking for a job cares about the accord. Of course countries are pissed off they expected us to pay for it. Can someone be an environmentalist and still love people more?

2. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 14 months ago

Paris Climate Accord was a bad deal for the USA, stock market up over 10% is very good for all people. No trade off for me. I am a climate change skeptic.

Ericdierkerposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Jack I have hiked where within 1,000 feet you can see billions of years of sediment and metamorphic activity. Some - within 5 inches are 5 layers making clear 5 receding and increasing sea levels like 100 miles worth. Change - hell yes!

2. The0NatureBoy profile image48
      The0NatureBoyposted 14 months agoin reply to this

The "Chemtrail" cloud blankets keeping the temperature from cooling at night is the real culprit. Winters have been getting warmer since they began in 2004 that I know of. Stop market doesn't matter to me who depends on the environment.

3. Ericdierker profile image51

Elijah that ignores the wind factor.

4. The0NatureBoy profile image48

Wind cools the plants, earth only when it's bare, and as soon as it stop the sun reheats it.

3. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 14 months ago

The climate is going to go through it's natural changes, which is what it is doing, as it has done for millions of years. Nothing man is going to do will change that. It is just another way of fining companies and making more monies for the politicians to line their pockets with. Just my opinion, but something to think about.

Greg In 80" I lived on bluffs above Pacific. Penatuba was a Volcano in the Philippines and another hit like near the Arctic- Greenland maybe. Our temperature that summer was Ave 5 degree colder,blocked sun rays from ash. Just like the movie So. Pac.

Carbon is not the problem the clouds making Chemical Trails (chemtrails) being sprayed everywhere daily is. Clouds keeps the heat close to the earth, thus, the climate change that began in 2004 when chemtrails started. That isn't natural, carbon is.

3. Ericdierker profile image51

Elijah that only is true in your "complete blanket" concept. Heat inversions are real.

A sheet will keep a body warm in winter, thin clouds will keep the earth warm, it can't thermal evaporate into the atmosphere for cooling.

The0NatureBoyposted 14 months ago

I don't believe Carbon emissions is the major cause of the warming trend. I first observed "Chemtrails" in summer of 2004 when I looked up and saw what I thought were contrails [condensation trails] extending far behind aircrafts longer than contrails usually do and I wondered why. A few years later I heard beginning in 2004 the earth was warming faster than normal and finally in 2009, in DC, I saw why.

In the 60s and early 70s when I almost always watched the weather they would say "clouds are like a blanket" that prevent the heat from escaping into atmosphere and keeps the earth from cooling. In seeing how the chemtrails often linger and with combined with others forming thin clouds it is easy to see what the cause of the announced warming trend is So I do not think, based on my limited knowledge of it, the climate accord is necessary but I need proof to say it will benefit or not.

The trade offs are good for those who approve of them and not for those who don't, they are judgements without its full 360 degrees of understanding.

A fun one Elijah. The hotter it gets the more water on the surface. The more water on the surface the more evaporation meaning more cloud cover and a cooler earth. Can we say cyclical?
      I hope there is no one who wants to interfere with that.

Dry earth heat and cool fast, earth is dry, with chemtrail clouds earth don't cool as much. 40 years ago clear summer nights dropped 30+ degrees, winter 40-50+, 10+ less in winter, today summer drops about 15+ and winter 30+, there's the warming.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)