jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

What is the point of the phrasing for "did you laugh and cheer when ____" questi

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 10 months ago

What is the point of the phrasing for "did you laugh and cheer when ____" questions?

I've noticed many political questions use the above format. Politics are already a touchy subject where Hubbers need to be careful not to let debates turn into hateful fights. I can't help but think this format does not help the situation.

Still, getting people riled up is a good way to get views for the question, so maybe that's the true end game anyway. Any thoughts?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 10 months ago

It's just inflammatory rhetoric, used by people who aren't really interested in an actual debate, but in either creating an echo chamber for their own beliefs, or stirring up sh*t for page views.

I don't answer those questions, or comment on them. They're just vile.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
      Jeremy Gillposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I agree. I like to think most Hubbers are professionals capable of thoughtful debate, but political questions (and religious ones) tend to erupt into all-out brawls. Your strategy is probably wisest: better to just avoid those sections.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 10 months agoin reply to this

jeremy, do you mean like this one? ---- Did you laugh and cheer when Mr. trump made fun of the handicapped reporter?
      asked by Shyron E Shenko 12 days ago

3. Jeremy Gill profile image95

I mean any questions that use the format (multiple Hubbers do so). I'd be interested in hearing a defense for it

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Jeremy,, this is a real question, why don't you ask the person that created the question?

Jeremy, debates are not the strong points in hp. At least not in the questions area.

5. Jeremy Gill profile image95

Brad, since multiple people use this format, I'd have to go respond to several questions; one general question seems more efficient. And I agree debates may not be the focus of HP, but I do believe there are standards we should adhere to.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Jeremy, I have only seen this phrasing ONCE!

7. Jeremy Gill profile image95

Brad, the format is used by multiple Hubbers. Here's a link to one such thread:

https://hubpages.com/politics/answer/28 … d-reporter

8. lisavollrath profile image97
      lisavollrathposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I love it when people think everything you write is all about them...

working