jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is society wrong?

1. profile image60
    RaShaud Youmansposted 8 months ago

Is society wrong?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 months ago

There is no one 'society.' There are many societies. Is society wrong? Which society do you refer to, and just what is it you wonder if that specific society is wrong about?

In any event, it does not matter. It doesn't matter what society you refer to, and it does not matter what it is you wonder that specific society is wrong about.

Every human has a set of values. Those values are specific to that one human being. Just because a large group of humans, what it takes to constitute a 'society' share a set of values - that's nothing which proves objectively any set or specific value is 'wrong,' or 'right.'

Objectively speaking, there is no right, and there is no wrong. I personally have a huge long list of ideals which I think are right, and a list of ones I think are wrong. I know these things are my opinion, and I can not in any way prove them to be objective in any way.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Wes, I agree. Societies are governed by the consensus of their leaders. So anything held by the leaders is dejure "Right". Anything in opposition is "Wrong". As their leaders change so might the "Rights and Wrongs" change with them.

3. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 8 months ago

I'm with Mr. Wesman here: right and wrong depend on one's individual perspective. Jewish people and Muslim people do not eat pork, as one quick example. I do. Am I wrong, or are they wrong? In my opinion nobody is wrong - to each their own.

So, to answer your question, it doesn't even matter what society we are talking about, it is not wrong. Things are the way they are and if we want change, we have to work at it. Or, not lol : )

working