Why is so many grown adults children attacking their parents?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Darknlovely3436 profile image71
    Darknlovely3436posted 12 years ago

Why is so many grown adults children attacking their parents?

I wish I had the answer to this question,

2. izettl profile image88
    izettlposted 12 years ago

When they reach adulthood they confront their parents. Many people have to wait until adulthood to have enough freedom and life experience to understand their childhood and when they question their parents about it, the parents view it as attacking. I know my parents do this. It's a power control. My parents still believe they should not be questioned and take offense to it. Its the old authoritative figure of do as I say! It's the veiw of attacking- is it really attacking or are the parents taking it a little too personally?

Parents treat them as children even when they are adults. Many parents don't transition well from being a parent to letting go of that role when kids become adults. Some adult kids get tired of their parents input as if they were still kids. I know when I visit my parents, they have their own house rules and when they visit me, it's still their house rules.

Also, we have access to a lot more information and people can find out what other parents were like or what what was done "wrong" according to the plethora of "experts" online. Self-help books suggest we have our problems now because of things in our childhood. Many adult children focus ontheir childhood problems and place blame on them for their inadequacies now.

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
    Shahid Bukhariposted 12 years ago

In an "Ignorants-composed Society" ... the Physically Superior, Parent, or Child, both have the Rights of the Powerful ... Since there is no one to Explain such things ... as to what it takes a Mother, to Bear, and the Father  ... to raise their borne Child ... and that while
    Parents may Raise, their borne in such Societies ... but cannot impart the higher values of being Good Humans.

And since Children must Grow up into Adults. And the Parents must get old in all human Societies.

So children Growing up in Direction-less Societies, only know one thing ... that his or her Mother, had some fun with his or her father ... whether inside, or outside, Marriage ... that she got Pregnant in the process, and had no options, but to Deliver the conceived child into this world ...

Such a child grows more or less, in what could be called a "Foster-Society" ... Its a Jungle ... where Jungle Laws are followed ... where there are no Real Relationships ... between one individual and the other ... between the Parents and Child ... generally, between one Human and the other human.

And though animals may respect their Parents ... Humans don't ... this is the Gift of a Lawless Society ... where grown adults children learn to attack their parents rather early ... like many other early stars they take in a Valueless Physicals based  Society.

4. shampa sadhya profile image76
    shampa sadhyaposted 12 years ago

I believe, both parents and children are equally responsible for such a problem. Parent's rule should be used in moderation along with children should enjoy a limited freedom at a certain age. Too much of anything evokes repercussion so arrogant attitude at any age must be avoided. Both the sides must keep it in mind and act considerably.

5. haikutwinkle profile image60
    haikutwinkleposted 12 years ago

I wish I had the solution to this issue.

6. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 12 years ago

It's simple in these fast times of materialisim and capitalisim and monetary gain,child abuse and child neglect are on the rise.What do you think happens when a dog is abused as a pup.It usually growes up to bite.Humans are no different.Kids have good memories and they don't forget!

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image71
    Darknlovely3436posted 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlQAPYmS … r_embedded
    I often wonder why so many children turned on the one their love.

8. Lastheart profile image67
    Lastheartposted 12 years ago

It is written in the Bible "They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law." Luke 12:53 and in Matthew 24:12 says: "Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold."

9. Hezmyjoy profile image60
    Hezmyjoyposted 12 years ago

There is a guide to life that tells the answer of what you are asking. It is because it is prophetic. If you look at the matter from how life has progressed to this point, you would understand. It began when church allowed state to intervene and take prayer out of the schools. They then took the very matter that formed North America out of the public venues - scripture. When things started changing for the worse after that, no one said, "you know it wasn't like this when prayer was still in the schools." So they continued. Next thing there were national cases about child abuse, infidelity, and the divorce rates went through the roof. Children were being raised in single parent homes and the silly parents were saying that children are resilient and will be fine. Well they were wrong. Crime increased because of those single parent homes. The mother wasn't home she was working a job and going to school to get a better job. She got tired fast and needed help, but where was she going to get it? Guys weren't finding quality women anymore and they knew they weren't going to marry just anyone so they suggested living together instead of the commitment of marrying. She settled because you know, a girl has to eat and there the children are trying to make sense of the whole thing. Families and integrated families with one mother and five different fathers. Two come and see their children while the rest see the children as mistakes. Those children get angry because they begin to realize that no one loves them. Why were they born, they wonder. And then it happens, the shoe drops. The one thing that got on their parent's nerve for the parent to say the one thing that the child didn't need to hear. He/she really was a mistake and the parent wishes he/she was never born. Is what I just described an isolated incident? You know it isn't.

10. Rusti Mccollum profile image61
    Rusti Mccollumposted 12 years ago

Mine were just plain mean like their dad, one attacked me said she wished I was dead, because I didn't "gift" her ten grand. All my grandkids have been kept from me and noone understands why. I thinbk  in my case its an abuse gene.That money was for my broken back, it wasn't money that fell from the sky.I have to live on that the rest of my life. I did take our boy to disneyland. I asked to take my granddaughter and was told instead of driving we fly, AND I take her whole family all expenses paid, when I refused the money and was not going to be ordered to change my vacation by my child. As a result she wrote an email telling my mom if I take that vacation, I will never ever see my grandkids again and she even gother brother to lay down rules of how and when I could  see my other one, He started acting like my dad.I refuse to let children be pawns in an adult arguement. Mine just try to hurt me or steal, they are both theives too.
    It could just be that generation...

1. profile image55
      Cross-Eyed Marcyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is the parents who set the tone for family interactions, not the children.  Sounds like you are not taking responsibility for any of this...which is a sign you might be the problem.

11. OswaldLuis profile image58
    OswaldLuisposted 12 years ago

Well i think that the reason its because they get mad at their parents because probably they are old and dont understand good than they get angry at that and threat them bad.

12. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

People tend to take the path of least resistance.

NO ONE judges you any  harsher than your own children will.  Parents, know this, and accept the charge, without the burden of proof.   Our children have learned..........make the charge, and the charge will follow.  We stand up to this.....

Is it a tragedy............that we blame our parents, for whatever weakness we find in ourselves.

I, for one, feel no such need to blame my  own parents.............if things had been different in some manners.........I would have been robbed of my Grandparents enduring influence and wisdom.    The very things, that I TREASURE, would have been lost, had my parents,  ( excuse me) had their shit together.

My Grandparents, though old, tired, work weary and broken........still held the manafest of " family", taking care of kin..............they had so little, yet gave so much

My "parents", had so much, yet they gave so little.

13. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 12 years ago

Some children develop a "I can take you mentality".  They tend to act out more when they think they can get away with it.  For example if there dad is not around they may attack their mother.  They do not seem to know how to deal with their anger.  If they can not act out because someone stronger is around they leave or behave but they keep the anger.

People release their anger in different ways.  Some children release it by picking on people that are smaller than them or by destroying stuff.  When they get big enough they may attack their parents.  I think it is a result of how they were raised.  They were not taught a good way to release their anger so they hold onto it until they explode in a fit of anger.

14. Lawfull Richard profile image59
    Lawfull Richardposted 12 years ago

fight for power, in my opinion those are some of the consequences of democracy.

15. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 12 years ago

Because they don't grow up and move away to start their own lives. Poor anger regulation and low frustration tolerance in close proximity to people they know very well in every way is a bad combination.

16. Felixedet2000 profile image56
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

because they are experiencing changes in the environment and therefor are more aware of happenings around them, they aren't just attacking their parent rather they are challenging them in what they view as their own way of doing things, it is a normal growing up process.

17. jeanniedoe profile image57
    jeanniedoeposted 12 years ago

Probably the reason behind why grownup child attacking their parents because of environmental changes that greatly affect them like peer group pressure or problem inside home. The situation varies on time.

18. chicagoguy profile image63
    chicagoguyposted 12 years ago

It will be easier to answer if you are country specific.

19. riishiii profile image59
    riishiiiposted 9 years ago

Trust in relationship is now a thing which we read in novels and books. Children fear from parents of getting scolded for a thing which is worth for them at the same time parents think its worthless. Question is not whether the thing is worthy or worthless but this gap which fits in between the child and parents. Our minds are conditioned to see a particular thing in particular fashion so if anyone with a different view come up we suppress by using higher powers. This is very simple to sort out if we the thing as it is and not as it was or as it will be. When we see without propaganda, theories or teachings as the thing is, complexities dissolves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)