jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are steroids ethical?

1. Essince Nesmith profile image61
    Essince Nesmithposted 9 months ago

Are steroids ethical?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 9 months ago

Steroids aren't people, so they can't have ethics.

The use of steroids is ethical, to treat a myriad of medical issues. Any time you have anything that's inflamed, chances are, a doctor is going to prescribe a steroid to reduce the swelling. I've had prescriptions for them when I had mono, and a bad reaction to poison ivy.

Using steroids to make yourself bigger, stronger, and give yourself a competitive edge? I'm not an athlete, so I can't make that call.

3. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 9 months ago

There must be times when they are required but they are sometimes used too casually.  I was assured there would be no problem but side effects are real and not to be dismissed.  Thanks to an emergency room doctor I still have my eyesight.

4. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 9 months ago

Wait . what???  Steroids are in everything like Flonase
      Does steroids cause open angle glaucoma??? Serious question cause I already had the laser thing

1. RTalloni profile image87
      RTalloniposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Yes, meaning we need to be wary of products' ingredients and not use them casually. 

Re open angle glaucoma it sounds like you need to do some bona fide research.

5. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 9 months ago

You are going to get a million different answers, really depends on who you ask. Medically, they are pretty much in everything and as a Healthcare Professional, I would have to say yes. As for casually, if your job/lively hood depends on it (Professional athlete), I don't condone it but I understand the argument. As for taking them without a purpose, other then looking better, not very smart in my opinion.