jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Would you agree that "What is good for America's minorities is good for America?

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 6 months ago

Would you agree that "What is good for America's minorities is good for America?

There will always be the question as to whether something that is good for one American can ultimately be good for all Americans.
    Look at another quest8ion:  "Is what is good for one illegal immigrant good for all illegal immigrants?"
    Or yet another:  "is what is good for a Democrat also good for a Republican, and Independent, a member of the Green Party, a Communist?"
    Now I think you have your own answer, but don't hesitate to provide your comment.
    The world has had so many examples of nations that got into trouble for wanting all the promised "goodies for the people."
    We are an experiment.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13384769_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 6 months ago

I think I would probably counter this question with one of my own:

Is an America that's of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich really working for us? Or is it only working for rich people?

I think there's benefit to looking at the things we do in America, and asking ourselves whether more individual Americans would benefit from them, or be harmed by them, and then acting accordingly.

And be harmed, I mean be killed, be made sick, be oppressed, be imprisoned unjustly. Being harmed is not paying a few more dollars in taxes.

So, to answer your question, no, what is good for America's minorities is not necessarily good for all Americans, but taking into account what is good for America, and all Americans, including minority groups, should happen more often, rather than just defaulting to what's good for rich white guys, and letting everyone else make do with the consequences.

1. lovemychris profile image57
      lovemychrisposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Fantastic answer.

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image83
    wrenchBiscuitposted 6 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13601105_f260.jpg

The answer to your question is "No!". An exodus  of Europeans back to Europa wood be good for the Indigenous population. However, that would not be so good for the Europeans, because they would have to give back all of the stolen land and resources that they have enjoyed for the last 500 years.

And concerning the descendants of African slaves: Monetary reparations,head of the line privileges for the next 500 years, and an affirmative action program on steroids would be good for the progeny of slaves. However, it would not be good for the progeny of illegal European immigrants, freeloaders, rapists, murderers, thieves, and so-called Christians.

What's good for America is to continue telling the lie and promoting the "dream", and to stay as far away from the truth as possible.

working