jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Can officers of local police agency arrest Federal police agents?

1. profile image61
    peter565posted 6 months ago

Can officers of local police agency arrest Federal police agents?

I always wonder how this work. Because for example, image, the FBI is investigating a case of corruption in local police, so the corrupt local police officer, make the first move and arrest charge the FBI agent on a rape case they made up, (I mean, it is not the first time in US history, innocent people get arrested and charged without evidence) So, I always wonder, are local police enforcement authority, allow to arrest personnel of federal police authorities?

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 6 months ago

If cop shows have taught me anything you can arrest anyone for anything but you have to prove it within 48 hours or they are released. So this really wouldn't be a practical solution. Besides, there's more than one agent investigating a case, and if one gets arrested it gets handed off to someone else.

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 6 months agoin reply to this

But...what if the local cop try to arrest all the agents...For example, Oklahoma City Police, is well known for corruption.

2. nochance profile image92
      nochanceposted 6 months agoin reply to this

If local police arrest federal agents, they'll just send in more federal agents, or those agents wait 48 hours and they are automatically released.

working