Why can't non violent and non drug convicted felons be able to vote or own a han

1. profile image61
    SheasJob64posted 3 months ago

Why can't non violent and non drug convicted felons be able to vote or own a handgun?

I have a couple of  non violent/non drug convictions and feel I have paid my debt to society. It has been 9 years and feel I have a right to vote and protect myself and family if necessary.

2. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 3 months ago

So, I am not exactly sure how it works in the States but I know there is samething called an "Expunction", which means: "In the common law legal system, an expungement proceeding is a type of lawsuit in which a first time offender of a prior criminal conviction seeks that the records of that earlier process be sealed, making the records unavailable through the state or Federal repositories."

Here in Canada I think that after seven years, of being clear of any convictions, people can apply for pardons: to have their criminal record clear. You might wanna check with a lawyer in the State that You live in. Different States will have different laws/approaches to this issue.

I wish You all the best and Good Luck!

working