jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Do Americans Really Want Troops in Syria Indefinitely?

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 2 months ago

Do Americans Really Want Troops in Syria Indefinitely?

ISIS routed, yet American boots are planned to stay on the ground -without Syria's permission. Isn't that called an occupation army?   ... If our men and women in uniform will be expected to put their lives on the line against hostile forces in Syria,” Chicago Tribune wrote, “our men and women on Capitol Hill should be brave enough to take responsibility for that mission. Doing nothing should not be an option.”

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13816261_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12910377_f260.jpg

ptosis

This ? is from the Atlantic by a very biased writer.

Moving on to your ?
    What did America and president Obama do from the time the conflict started in 2011. And president Obama was really happy to take the troops out of Iraq. Iraq didn't want us there but they weren't capable of running the country against the terrorists.
    ISIL was a direct consequence of American Troops leaving Iraq. ISIS then had territory in both Iraq and Syria.

President Obama and the US Congress along with the UN were unable to bring peach to the region.

Now, you are going to blame president Trump for taking action in Syria. And the good news is the end of ISIL. But like Iraq, if the American Troops leave will the same thing happen as it did in Iraq.

The US has lost every war in the last one hundred years, but we have been in an almost continuous war decade after decade.

None of the previous presidents or congresses stopped the cycle.
    President Obama left us with Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and Iran, along with the lack of peace between Israel and Palestine.

None of these could be imputed to Trump as he was not in politics during those times.

I didn't care for the GW Bush use of the Patriot Act. But President Obama didn't kill it, he even extended it.

You bring up the question of asking Congress. What kind of cooperation has the congress given president Trump? None.
    Did president Obama confer with congress to make the Russian Uranium Deal, or pay the extortion money to Iran....

Trump is going to be president till his second term ends. It would be in the best interest for the country and the people for congress both democrats and republicans, many of whom are responsible for these wars, and conflicts, to work with him.

We have had a divided congress since the two parties were created, and look at how ineffective that was, and how it caused the continual decline of the US bottoming out in 2008,

If the congress isn't part of the solution they are the problem.

1. ptosis profile image81
      ptosisposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Congress has a Republican majority in both houses & still can't get nothing done.  Hey! I read you whole post, so please do not erase my answers on yours questions.  Seems it's just the 2 of us on Q&A .

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 months agoin reply to this

ptosis
      Seriously when was the last time I deleted your comments.
      I am not a republican so I agree they are pathetic, but so are the democrats. Trump is the only one trying to get things done, and he has more success than congress.

working