Why are Senior Military and Intelligence Officers Attacking Trump?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)
  1. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 5 years ago

The last two days have been extraordinary.  Former Republican CIA Director John Brennan, after the Helsinki debacle, said about Donald Trump

"Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

Trump just took away his security clearance (hurting national defense as a result) in retaliation.  BTW - Brenner track down Osama bin Laden.

The next day Republican Admiral William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had this to say about Trump's retaliation.

"Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself."

I am currently reading, and writing about, Republican retired General Michael V. Hayden's book "The End of Intelligence in a World of Lies"     
       ", former Director of the National Security Agency and Director of the CIA, and he has this to say about Donald Trump:

I’m not laughing.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
      JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When devastating deconstruction of the USA, an agenda Vladimir Putin has been unsuccessful at executing until Traitor Trump was embedded in our oval office, includes a denial of the capability of the greatest intelligence gathering minds in the history of this country, It's time for ALL patriotic military, law enforcement and intelligence officers to demand the Russian controlled republican congress STOP the Trump madness:

"Maher: Trump Admin Committing ‘Treason’ – ‘It Is Kind of the Only Issue’"

"On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher stated the Trump administration is committing treason and said this is “kind of the only issue.”

Maher said, “Why can’t we use that word ‘treason?’ We’re under attack. I mean, three Democrats this week, the opponent of Rohrabacher, Bill Nelson in Florida, Claire McCaskill, all said the Russians tried to get into their shit. As I said, we’re purging the FBI, pulling security clearances of former CIA directors and the people who kept us safe since 9/11 and for the last 30 years. I don’t get it. If you’re fighting the people who are fighting us, what do you call it?”

https://hubstatic.com/14173018.jpg

My Esotericposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can accept Maher as an opinion, but certainly not an authoritative source to be relied on.  I hold the same opinion, and say so, but I have to put forward my reasons.  Maher did that, and so long as they aren't hyperbolic or beyond credulity (and they weren't), then his opinion gains more weight.

I didn't know about Bill Nelson, by the way.  Rohrabacher is a known and proud Russian sympathizer (no hyperbole).

And his last question is the most telling.

(BTW, treason or traitor in this case, are just rhetorical terms used to describe how a person is acting.  In a legal sense, he isn't there ... yet.)

I do like that bumper sticker.  I would take out the "dummies" part, however, because I don't like insulting people when I can help it. (I never even liked it when used in the "Dummies" series of books.)

Well My Esoteric, Mr. Trump's actions and words go beyond betrayal of the United States: He has and continues to betray our CIA, FBI and law enforcement, our constitution, our judicial system our healthcare system, we the people and the list goes on:

The only thing he hasn't done yet is invite Vladimir Putin to sit in our oval office while he spends another wasteful weekend in a golf stupor in between little twitter tirades and fox fake channel incoherent whining rants:

But given the way this poodle likes to insanely commit serious federal crimes in broad daylight, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we do indeed see Vladimir Putin on national television resting his feet and dark communist boots on the polished maple of the president's desk:

After all, if Bozo Trump commits a crime in broad daylight on national television it's not really a crime right?

Actually, I changed my mind.  I was going to write and say that legally, Trump isn't a traitor, but in every other sense he is. My twitter name for him is #TraitorTrump. Then I decided to look up the definition (I thought we had to be in a real declared war) and found he probably is legally guilty of treason as well based on this:

treason
            n. the crime of betraying one's country, defined in Article III, section 3 of the U.S. Constitution: "Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort." Treason requires overt acts and includes the giving of government security secrets to other countries, even if friendly, when the information could harm American security. Treason can include revealing to an antagonistic country secrets such as the design of a bomber being built by a private company for the Defense Department. Treason may include "espionage" (spying for a foreign power or doing damage to the operation of the government and its agencies, particularly those involved in security) but is separate and worse than "sedition," which involves a conspiracy to upset the operation of the government.

I'm happy to see that we are close to a meeting of the minds on this My Esoteric: One of the critical questions that will be answered hopefully very soon before Mr. Trump with the assistance of Russian controlled congressional republicans manage to unilaterally destroy the entire fabric of the USA in this insane nightmare of an unthinkable era, is whether or not a crime committed in broad daylight, as Mr. Trump does almost daily on national television or via his angry little twitter tirades, is indeed a crime even though there is no effort to conceal it:

After reading that extensive definition of 'treason', Mr. Trump fits the description almost to the atom: I understand some individuals interpret alternative definitions to mean that we must be at war: If Russia espionaging, hacking and stealing property of the USA with explicit intent to subvert and undermine our democracy and embed a friendly in the oval office as our intelligence professionals have already proven, is NOT an act of war, I don't know what is:

Yep, nice thing about that definition is "being at war" isn't an element of proof.  Even assuming Putin's attack on America is an act of war, it isn't needed to prosecuting Trump for treason.

I believe you are correct My Esoteric, an 'act of war' for prosecution is probably not a condition precedent although we've been at war covertly in cyber space with Russia for years: What appears to be a pre-requisite to potentially prosecute Mr. Trump for treason and or treachery is either a confession, which as we all know is not out of the question considering he appears to confesses to crimes on national television via the Lester Holt interview etc, and appears to commit serious federal crimes at will using his twitter page, and or 2 witnesses to the betrayal:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

I wonder how many witnesses will step forward to testify about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b71f2eYdTc

So far I haven't heard Ds pursue that line of thinking, but I bet, assuming they take control of the House, that may be one of the articles of impeachment.

2. My Esoteric profile image85

Astoundingly, ANOTHER 175+ former officials denounce Donald Trump's probably illegal revocation of John Brennan's security clearance.

Brennan is now saying that "if this is what it takes" he will sue to get his clearance back.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
      Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Because they are honorable men.  In light of today's breaking news, they are right on the mark.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Let's talk about the Obama Impeachment because of Russian hacking ?   It all began and openly progressed under the careful eye's of Barack Obama and his useless minions in HIS  "Intelligence agencies ".     

No wonder however ,Pres.  Obama "................ Only attend about 40% of his Daily Intelligence Briefings............ "

It's never too late to Impeach Obama , no ex has been impeached but he could be censured , he could lose his retirement benefit package ,any chance of "serving " in government again ?

First, let's NOT talk about the absurd idea of Obama Impeachment because we aren't talking about President Obama, we are talking about #TraitorTrump.

Second, if you must use such a deflection, use something that is true.
      Obama was the first to identify Russian hacking.  Unlike Trump, he took steps to combat it while Trump embraces and encourages it.

Third, it would help people respect you a little if you didn't use debunked lies in your deflections.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are no lies in my post , Did the Russians hack or not ? Pretty simple ,because  you can't handle the truth you won't believe reality  .
        Those responsible ; Obama , Hillary ,Brennan  the DNC .
        Trump wasn't the leader then , you know .

How about "No wonder however ,Pres.  Obama "................ Only attend about 40% of his Daily Intelligence Briefings............ ""

That is a debunked lie.

Also, to carry on with your DEFLECTION - "responsible" for what? Trump's love of Putin?

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Ask yourselves THE most important question of all , WHO was incharge of the federal government  and what names were at the top of all the US leadership roles until January 2017 ?
    -Obama
    -Clinton
    -Brennan
    -Comey

"4 -D's" deny , dodge , deflect and DEMOCRAT .

To answer your pointless question, only Obama was in charge and he did something.

What has Trump done in the 18 months he has known of Russia's attack on America?  Deny, deny, deny.  Putin didn't do it.

Denials in this darkest of times in American history, right in front of our enemy Vladimir Putin on national television with millions of witnesses: UNREAL: Just one reason why our greatest law enforcement minds are lining up against Mr. Trump and one reason why Bozo Trump's unthinkable Helsinki betrayal forced a great patriotic public servant and law enforcement Goliath John Brennon to call it what it was, treasonous behavior: How else could you possibly define it?

"John Brennan doubles down on claim that Donald Trump is “treasonous”
        On “Meet the Press,” Brennan stood by his comments accusing Trump of treason"

https://www.salon.com/2018/08/19/john-b … reasonous/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)