Jared Kushner's Top Secret Clearance

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (43 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

During the 1960's I worked for a company that was doing business with the (NSA) National Security Agency.  The job that I was on required that I have a secret clearance with crypto access.  The job required working with the NSA on many "black box projects" for the Minuteman Missile and (SAC) Strategic Air Command Headquarters.

I had to complete many forms and questionnaires.  My neighbors and my relatives in Italy were all interviewed in order for me to be granted the clearance by DCAS a security clearance agency.

While on the job, the only access I was given was to the areas that I had a need to know.about.  That was (SOP) Standard Operating Procedure for all   As a matter of fact, at SAC headquarters, I was cleared to walk down corridor C.  There were Air Police Men stationed at the intersection of each corridor.  If I even looked like I was going to walk down 
    a corridor I wasn't cleared for they would come over and question me.

It blows my mind that Trump granted Jared a Top Secret Clearance.  When he actually applied for a clearance, he was rejected because he had too many conflicts of interest.

1. dianetrotter profile image61
      dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I worked for Hughes Aircraft as an accountant and then an auditor.  I had to get a level of secret clearance - can't remember.  It was long an tedious.  A person looking at information, not having background, does not KNOW what is/is not sensitive.

The TRUMPS have kept their own secrets.  Secrets of others were told to the National Enquirer.  Embracing heartless murderers as loved ones and buddies is frightening and inexcusable.

I'm glad investigation is taking place.  Hopefully, the situation will be remedied.  Then policy will be written to make sure that anyone running for president must pass intelligence litmus test.  Each family member must also be subject to the same process.

I assume Otto Warmbier's family has seen what is really going on.

2. peoplepower73 profile image89

Trump says because Jared is his son-in-law, he can be trusted with a top secret clearance, not withstanding the fact that he failed to be granted a clearance when he applied for it via normal channels. 

This clearance gives him the right to wander around all the secret stuff that should not be made available to him..  It makes no sense to me, even though a president does have those powers, they  should be used judiciously and with good judgement, not as a result of nepotism.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How long has he known Jared?  How much time has he spent with him (no. of hours in his company or communication)?  How many "secrets" has he shared with him and what were the results (how many did he leak)? 

Don't know, do you?  Yet you still openly claim that the reason was nepotism, not experience, without having a clue what the "why" might actually be.  Now the question becomes "Why do you make such claims without any knowledge of the matter whatsoever?"

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I look forward to your defense of the shooting on 5th Avenue.

I would like to see your defense of the general practice of some to make unsupported claims and insinuations.  Care to give one?

1. profile image0

You're the guy who states there is "not a shred of evidence" for pretty much anything regarding Trump. After reading your responses today, I believe your big beautiful wall of denial cannot be brought down by anything, including a shooting by Trump on 5th Avenue, whether on live TV or right in front of you.  One thing that is true about Trump: he is a talented con man who knows his followers.

I guess you don't.  Oh well - it might have made an interesting philosophical discussion.

1. profile image0

The question as you posed it is irrelevant to this discussion and is just another attempted distraction from the subject at hand.

2. dianetrotter profile image61

There is no problem with trust between the two of them.  The problem is operating with oyr best interest in mind.  His father's been in prison.  There has been talk among foreign countries on how they can use him.  His best friend obs or obs orwhatever jailed his relatives had a journaliat killed and jared is said to have provided a list of his enemies.  It's like thawing the proverbial snake and feeling betrayed when he bites you.  Trump trusting him may even be more reason to worry.

"His father's been in prison."

And the sins of the father are visited on the child.  I thought that went out with the old testament?

"There has been talk among foreign countries on how they can use him. "

I would expect any and all foreign countries to try and find a way to use anyone in his position.  And talk about it (if true - you've offered to evidence, recordings and such, of such conversations - wouldn't you?  If that is a reason to deny clearance then we would have to deny everyone.

"His best friend obs or obs orwhatever jailed his relatives had a journaliat killed and jared is said to have provided a list of his enemies."

No, no.  You don't get to exaggerate media claims of a "best friend".  Nor do you get to assume that what "is said" about Jared is true.  These kinds of arguments, designed solely to raise emotions without providing any facts, are not allowed.  Stick to facts; if you can prove this "it is said" to be true then present it, but until that point you must refrain from repeating backyard fence gossip.

2. dianetrotter profile image61

Trump, himself, cannot pass a security clearance.  All presidential candidates should be required to complete a security clerance prior to running for office.

1. peoplepower73 profile image89
        peoplepower73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Diane:  That is an excellent idea.  It should be made as a amendment to the Constitution. That is one thing the framers could not have accounted for because it is a result of modernity. 

However, it is very important in the age of nuclear weapons.  The screening for a top secret clearance is very rigorous and would serve to weed out people like Trump and others who wouldn't even qualify for a confidential clearance.

I'm trying to "not watch news and read tweets so much."  This is quite stressful.

3. peoplepower73 profile image89

Wilderness:

Please tell me what experience, as a real estate developer, Jared Kushner has to be qualified to be granted a Top Secret Security Clearance.  Trump wants Ivanka and Jared to have official titles and be close by his side because daddy doesn't trust his own judgement and others.

This is from the Washington Post about Jared.  The link is at the bottom.

1. He's a prime target for foreign governments to try to get leverage with the United States.

2. He wasn't upfront about his foreign contacts with other White House officials.

3. He repeatedly amended his application because he omitted foreign contacts.

Here is the definition of nepotism:

Practice of appointing relatives and friends in one's organization to positions for which outsiders might be better qualified.

Here is the link to the Washington Post Article:

http://wapo.st/2FdvLSY?tid=ss_tw&ut … bd17455591

I'm glad Rep. Amash is not a cultist.

2. wilderness profile image96

"Please tell me what experience, as a real estate developer, Jared Kushner has to be qualified to be granted a Top Secret Security Clearance."

I don't know...and neither do you.  Unless you can provide a timeline of his life, showing a failure to keep secrets?

That's the whole point; you don't like anything connected with Trump, so will make up reasons, true or not, to deride anything he does.  You have presented no indication that Jared is not competent, and willing, to keep our secrets yet declare him unfit to do so...simply because, apparently, he was approved by the highest position in the land.

Doesn't work for me, however much it works for you.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
        JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm still astonished every single day: When are the last remaining dwindling number of Trump followers going to start believing their own eyes and ears and gain the strength to refrain from being the targets of a "bamboozle job" by an extremely unattractive orange con-man cult leader headed straight for impeachment / indictment?: Here's the reported facts, Jared Kushner is a R.E. LOSER Period: Apparently, according to press reports, he can't even make money in the NEW York RE Market, and that's nothing short of dreadfully poor judgement and pathetic business sense:

UNREAL: And this worm is camped out in OUR white house cavorting with foreign dregs: For what reason ?????: UNREAL:

"IS JARED KUSHNER THE WORLD’S WORST REAL-ESTATE INVESTOR?"

"As it turns out, borrowing $1.75 billion on the eve of the financial crisis
        was a bad idea."

"In 2007, a 26-year-old Jared Kushner made a splash in the New York City real-estate world when his family firm bought a Midtown tower with the inauspicious address 666 Fifth Avenue for what was then a record-setting $1.8 billion. Kushner, who had been helping run Kushner Companies since his father, Charles Kushner, was sentenced to prison in 2005 for tax evasion, witness tampering, and illegal campaign contributions, was eager to prove himself (he would be named C.E.O. in 2008). So, on the eve of the financial crisis, Kushner Cos. put down $50 million and borrowed the rest. Rental rates and net-operating income immediately began dropping. Now, after selling off chunks of the property, Kushner’s family company, which currently holds half of a $1.2 billion mortgage, on which it “hasn’t paid a cent,” is struggling to come up with the remainder as the entirety of the loan comes due in February 2019. As a new report from Bloomberg details, the firm is, to use some industry jargon, completely f*****:"

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08 … e-investor

None of which has anything at all to do with the wisdom of giving Jared a security clearance.  Just more emotional rant on the evils of anyone connected with Trump; got anything of value and on topic?

1. profile image0

The "wisdom" of giving the President's son-in-law a security clearance lies with the agencies tasked with making the recommendation. That recommendation was a "NO."

I suppose you believe Trump possesses greater wisdom than the security experts.

While you may have great faith in the wisdom of government "experts", I do not.  In general, I give my 10 year old grandson more wisdom than they have (as a group, not individual, specific persons).  Never, ever forget that the collective wisdom of those "experts" will always be filtered through the political system to see if it is politically useful before it is ever used.

1. profile image0

So, you trust a father-in-law under investigation for multiple crimes over our security experts. 

Gotcha.

2. IslandBites profile image90
                IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In general, I give my 10 year old grandson more wisdom than they have

Thank you. That's the point.
                Like you, Trump also favors his family and believes he somehow knows better than every expert (in every field, btw).

After going bankrupt 4x? in the field that he supposedly has expertise.  What makes him smarter than career professionals?  THey didn't threaten their schools to not release their grades.

1. profile image0

I couldn't continue watching his CPAC speech. His childish and incoherent ramblings are so clearly the result of mental disturbance that I simply cannot stomach any more of it.

3. peoplepower73 profile image89
                peoplepower73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness:  Obviously, you have never applied for or held a security clearance.  It is not a matter of wisdom.  It is a rigorous process of investigations by disinterested agencies.  The higher the clearance, the more rigorous the process 

As I said in the introduction to this forum, in order  for me to be granted a secret clearance with crypto access, my neighbors, friends, workers, and even my relatives in Italy were questioned about my character and behavior, among many other factors.

The underlying principle of a person with a security clearance is they are only allowed access to the areas that they have a need to know as required by their job or assignment.  In other words if someone asked me questions about a project and they were not part of my team, I could deny them access to information.

In Jared Kushner's case, he was given a Top Secret Clearance by his father-in-law.  I'm sure he is not held to any of those need to know polices and has access to anything Trump wants him to have access to, maybe including the nuclear football with the missile launch codes.

The reason he was denied a Top Secret Clearance is because on his application he failed to provide information on his foreign contacts and financial deals. He has many specious contacts and deals with foreign countries that would definitely disqualify him from being granted a top secret clearance through normal channels. 

It has nothing to do with wisdom of the clearing agency.  It is called a security compromise.  It is not a matter of whether his father-in-law trust him or not.  What if Trump wasn't there to demand that he be granted that clearance; do you think he would still receive it?

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image68

wilderness, when you're a LOSER RE Investor as Jared apparently is and up to your eyeballs in debt and need loans ASAP, what better way to access desperately needed money from foreigners than to be implanted as some kind of "global dealer" or whatever the hell he is?

And to be a global whatever requires a security clearance:

Stick a fork in me!  People believe what they want to believe.

https://hubstatic.com/14436982.jpg

Yup, this creepy looking globule of a crumb Marshall Applewhite had a few gullible followers til' the END, we''d have to assume Bozo Trump will string along a few as well:

Who else but Jared Kushner, a dirt dumb RE investor who many said made the WORST deal in New York history would anyone expect the dumbest impostor president headed straight for impeachment / indictment to hire as some kind of "Global Trekker"?

Jake, I'm just trying to maintain my own sanity admist the madness.  i avoided watching the 2 hour campaign rally yesterday to avoid stress.  They covered parts of it anyway.

People don't know that Republicans have organized meetings all over the US to discuss options for the future.  Many of them have attended CPAC in the past.  I was invited to one in Orange County but it is a Friday from 4-7 pm.  I don't want to be anywhere near the work hour traffic in Orange County.

And at the time of his choosing, when the GOOD LORD steps in to Halt this ugly, freaky looking hate filled madman's insanity, I don't want to be anywhere near one of the last remaining Trump followers because who knows what the Lord has in store for them, I know he ain't sending them to heaven, that's for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6eRRjthxY

4. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

Whistleblower says White House pushed for security clearances despite 'serious disqualifying issues'

A White House staff member has told House investigators that senior officials have overruled concerns raised about 25 individuals whose security clearances were initially denied over a range of disqualifying issues -- such as fears about foreign influence and potential conflicts-of-interests -- warning of the grave implications to national security.

House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings plans to issue a subpoena this week demanding an interview with Carl Kline, who served as the personnel security director at the White House during President Donald Trump's first two years in office.

Cummings released a memo Monday detailing an interview with Tricia Newbold, a White House employee who has worked for 18 years in Republican and Democratic administrations and currently serves as the Adjudications Manager in the Personnel Security Office. According to the memo, Newbold, whom Cummings described as a whistleblower, alleges that the White House has overturned the denials of 25 individuals, including two current senior White House officials, saying those decisions were occurring "without proper analysis, documentation, or a full understanding and acceptance of the risks."

"According to Ms. Newbold, these individuals had a wide range of serious disqualifying issues involving foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use, and criminal conduct," Democratic committee staff write in the memo.
    A source familiar with Newbold's case told CNN Kushner and Ivanka Trump are on the list of 25 individuals.

More
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/01/poli … index.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)