jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Unemployment & The Geography of Recession

1. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

I found this posted else where on the internet and thought it an excellent visual to share. Watch the light of employment across the country go black from 2007-2010.

Unemployment & The Geography of Recession

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the post. I found this very interesting and scary at the same time.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. That's an interesting graphic.

2. TMMason profile image64
    TMMasonposted 7 years ago

Yup... thank God for that stimulus plan... FDR would be proud of Oby and his ilk.

3. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I agree with Tony, scary. Isn’t it interesting that the fall began in coordination with the National Conventions in August of 2008, and continues at a frightening pace with no end in sight?

Isn’t it also interesting that the markets began their downfall at the same time?

Some market information suggests that trillions of dollars were withdrawn from the markets beginning during the same period.

Perhaps, just perhaps, more than a few business investors knew what this new administration was going to do to businesses and our economy.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The damage was done by Bush and Greenspan with help from others including Rubin and Clinton who repealed Glass-Steagall.

working