President Obama, It's Working!!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image59
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

Yup, your economic stimulus has been a smashing success. Unemployment continues to rise along with foreclosures.Now comes the latest good news: New home sales have fallen 12.4% in July the biggest decline on record going all the way back to 1964! Thanks President Obama, you're mu hero! Keep up the good work! tongue roll

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100825/ap_ … us_economy

1. MissE profile image78
      MissEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention ALL the troops that are coming home.  Funny, you don't hear much about Cindy Sheehan and her crazy protests anymore.  Go figure.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or Dubya and his supporters either!  I wonder who DID vote for him in both elections?  He was responsible for both wars and the bad economic downturn, ya know!  But Obama is expected to clean up Dubya's horrible mess! 

The U.S. had its reputation smeared because of the two terms Dubya served!  I had rather we were still arguing with Saddam than all of the deaths and horrible injuries caused by the invasion of Iraq!  Not to mention the trillions of dollars going to Haliburton (coincidentally I'm sure) which would have gone a long way to help in other areas of need.

Now, the same folks who are responsible for this ever happening want another guy to try and stop the bleeding. Then they gripe when he cannot clean up their mess quick enough.  What is the term used for these types of people?  Patriots?  No, that's not it!  America lovers?  Nope, wrong again!  Hypocrites?  Now we are getting somewhere!  LOL! 

If it wouldn't have completely finished off our country I could have almost wished McCain-Palin had won the election!  Thankfully, there weren't enough Faux News watchers and bible thumpers to get it done!

2. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's working so well that half the demorats are distancing themselves from him. lol

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess they saw the NY Times latest poll that shows most Americans are opposed to the destruction of our country. big_smile

3. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

anyone who thinks that "buying random things" will help an economy is an idiot.

Unfortunately, 85%+ of the leading economists think this.

C+I+G=K

... ugh.

4. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

"We are not heading for a recession!  The us economy is basically sound!"  Dubya during his re-election campaign!

Did any of you previous posters believe him and vote to put him back in office?  Fess up if you have the nerve!  LOL!

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course I believed him and why wouldn't I?

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/a-1 … 79827.html

What he said was true! Now Obama on the other hand...

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

Yeah, he was swell!

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of … ion-2010-2

http://www.academycomputerservice.com/e … charts.htm

And this next graph shows how little the middle class has gained under the so called "trickle down" economic policies favored by the last three republican leaders!

http://observationalism.com/2008/10/19/ … 000-words/

1. Flightkeeper profile image65
          Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those graphs do a great job of showing how much Obama lied during his campaign.  Thanks ever so much!

1. Ladybird33 profile image66
            Ladybird33posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ever so true!

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Dubya had already lied many times during his first term in office and it didn't seem to phase those who voted for him AGAIN!  LOL!

"Sadam has WMD's!"     "The oil will pay for the war!"  "We do not torture!"  "He can run, but he cannot hide!"  (Ben Ladin)

And the "mission accomplished" flight and landing on the aircraft carrier was an insult to everyone!

Yes, he was such an honest guy!  Proud of him, are you?  LOL!

It seemed to have slipped your brain that Bush didn't approve the wars, Congress did.  You must be so proud of Congress's lies too.

As for that Mission Accomplished banner, it wasn't Bush's idea but some military guy's.  So explain how that was an insult now that you've been show up for being ignorant.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Business is up 20% where I am. Also the auto industry is coming back again, and green energy is starting to come into the fold.....FINALLY.

You must have too many repubs in your areas to have anything good happen. You know what obstructionists they are.

"Have a nice day!"......"NO!"

"Thanks for a lovely time!"....."NO!"

"You look wonderful today!"....."NO!"

"Are you happy to be alive?"...."NO!"

Taxes will kill the economy.....don't expire the tax give-away for the rich! That 3.2 trillion added to the debt is GOOD debt!! It's for MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Business is up 20% doesn't mean anything when the previous year it was down 60% lol  You must live where there are a lot of demonrats lying to you.

6. lovemychris profile image77

No-We have Republican control...DA, sheriff, judges....it's crooked as hell. Connected people get away with murder and little small-time dealers do hard time. It's ass-backwards and inhumane. And truthfully, we have been on the decline since 2001.
    This is the first year we've seen an up-swing. Obama must be doing something right.
    So, I will continue to hope that he keeps his course and doesn't ever listen to your guys. They only care about 1 segment of society....the over $250,000 club.

7. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

1933 Re-visited- "Buddy can you spare a Dime!"
    Jon in Nashville

8. lovemychris profile image77

Here's a nice article...I'm proud of what they are doing!

"Dan Froomkin
    11 Very Reasonable Places Your Stimulus Dollars Went"

9. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

It's working?  how exactly is it working?  the fact that he hasn't done jack to deliver on any of his so called promises?  the fact that he's increased the national defecit even more?  the fact that he spends more time paying attention to sports than he does the problems within our own country?  in fact, it used to be you  had to be champion to visit the white house, but not with o'bama.  he'll see you whenever he wants with no championship or with one.  seriously, it seemed like just the first few weeks he was in office, his first comments weren't about the economy or the war, he was talking about how he wanted to fix the ncaa football ranking system to implement a playoff.  seriously, why is that important?  let the ncaa do their jobs, and our president needs to stay out of it.  i'd rather he'd take care of the usa and do his job first before acting as a commissioner of sporting events.

10. lovemychris profile image77

Sheehan still protests...and she has a radio show. If just doesn't get press. Why? Who knows...ask the 6 people who own all the media!!!

read the article...these are all good things.

And when I go off-cape and also on Cape, I see signs of road work funded by the stimulus. It feels good to see that.

I don't care what the negative people say...I'm optomistic now that the GOPsters are gone.....should they return, my heart will sink.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)