For all those in favor of higher taxes

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Jim Hunter profile image59
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

You don't have to wait for the government to mandate it, send in the money now.

Trust me, they won't turn it down.

1. rachellrobinson profile image83
      rachellrobinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I personally will keep my money until the Government demands it, but I LOVE this topic, it made me LOL...

1. Jim Hunter profile image59
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think its hilarious that so many libs here say they wont mind paying higher taxes.

If they don't mind then they should send in as much as they can.

But its not about them paying higher taxes its about class warfare and thinking it is punishing the rich for being successful.

I mind paying taxes.

Its my money.

I put myself through school without taxpayer funds, and I want to keep MY money.

When these clowns pay my mortgage,car payments, etc then I will volunteer to pay more taxes.

You are kidding right, most of these "people" don't pay their own car payments, or mortgage payments why would they want to pay yours smile

2. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you like safe bridges to drive your car over? Safe roads? Police departments, fire departments, health inspections at restaurants, unadulterated food?

Do you like criminals set free because of no money to store them? How about mental patients?

Do you like federal programs that try to help poverty stricken nations improve?

Do you care about anything beyond your own selfishness?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
            Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the free market can easily provide all of those services.

It's not selfish to demand freedom from tyranny.

Slavery is not freedom, and I don't need to have a gun shoved in my face to give money to the needy.

That is correct. Open market system will make better roads, better construction, and quite possibly faster turn around on job completion. But its easier to say well if you don't want to pay increased taxes that must mean that you don't want a safe country. It's a bullying attack. Bully people into thinking that the only way to be safe is to pay higher taxes.

2. tritrain profile image71
              tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure that a free market is the answer for everything.

I think of the rural fire departments that have reconsidered putting out fires to those that are refusing to pay. 

I think basic things that are for the greater good, such as police, fire, ambulance, libraries even, should be paid for by taxes. 

We have only just began using toll roads in Minnesota, and only for the carpool lanes.  Remember the 35W bridge collapse?  I wonder if that would have been best done by free market road construction...

You bring up that fire station...

... IT WAS GOVERNMENTALLY RUN!! IT WASN'T A FREE MARKET ENDEAVOR!!!

Only the government could screw something THAT easy up: the man who lost his house was willing to pay almost ANY fee to have it put out. What kind of company would give up that kind of chance to pillage?! Everyone hates the free-market because they would "rape and pillage" and then they get mad at "the free-market" (actually it was the government, but I guess that went over EVERYONE'S head), for NOT raping and pillaging.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
              Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this
          2. Jim Hunter profile image59
            Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you want to pay more then pay more.

Quit demanding it from me.

I never said I am opposed to paying taxes I am opposed to paying more just so more can be spent on some new idiotic plan that the government can't do competently.

Your holier than thou attitude is a sure sign you pay no taxes.

3. lady_love158 profile image59
          lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No libs don't mind paying higher taxes... as long as it's with YOUR money! They're very generous with other people's money!

4. Moonchild60 profile image74
          Moonchild60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am  what conservs would call a lib and I DO pay higher taxes due to being in the top 20% and living in a certain area.  And no, I don't mind paying more. Better than me, since I can afford it, then the middle class who cannot.  They have enough to worry about, like how to pay for their kids dentist and get healthcare they can afford and not pay $620 a month for.  That is what I pay for healthcare, you?

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Just wait until the biggest, most vicious tax of all kicks in…

Anyone who follows commodity prices knows that it is coming; and that it will be double-digit big time.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Wall Street Journal disagrees:  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124408049136283313.html

However, they have been wrong before.  After all, they are conservatives smile

The money supply has increased 3 fold in the last ten years, and has doubled in two years (2007-09).

There are going to be consequences.

1. tritrain profile image71

When you say "money supply", what do you mean?

the total number of dollars in existence. Here's a pic that does NOT include the new $600 billion that bernanke just created.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4111740_f248.jpg

3. tritrain profile image71
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

I feel that as a patriotic American it is my duty to pay more taxes!!

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is NOT how much taxes we pay, it is about what we GET for our money. Are our children educated to the level that will make them competitive in today's market place? NO. Do we have the roads, train and other public transportation st the level of other countries? NO. Do we have the cerainty that our social security will be there for us to colect? No, Do we have a decent medical care system? NO
      Yes, paying taxes is fine if you get your money worth; as it happens, we DON'T

4. rachellrobinson profile image83
    rachellrobinsonposted 13 years ago

Jim can you get Tritrain the address...

Just for clarity's sake, I am kidding.

In Minnesota we are taxed every way possible.  It was Ventura that wanted to begin taxing on "essentials", such as auto mechanics, food, clothing, legal fees, etc.

And yet, they keep raising the taxes in the metro area, mostly for stadiums.

See that is why I say Sarcasm isn't for everyone... I should have seen that as sarcasm, but it's hard to See sarcasm on the net

Good point.  My apologies (not be sarcastic).

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

We'd better kill rich people once and for all!
    Make them to pay!
    Make them all poor, - bastards!
    Tax them to death!
    - All that had been done. It never did any good in any country. We all should learn our history better.
    If I am not forced to pay extra, I can use that extra,I can create a business, I can give it/loan it to somebody who can create that business. But if I know that I am going to pay my taxes for all extras I will produce - why bother? No development, no prosperity from tax increase. BS! And don't tell me about police, they are not going to feed my children - I have to do that. I have to work 2 jobs, because I have to pay so much taxes on my first one, that I need to work 7 days a week, "stealing" time for rest. And I still cannot afford a lot.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This generation is paying less in taxes than any other in modern history and we are suffering the consequences of that failed philosophy.

2. kerryg profile image85
      kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should get a better accountant.

Businesses are taxed on profits and can deduct business expenses, so it seems fairly obvious to me what you need to do if you're a small business owner who doesn't want to give your money to the government. wink

Obviously there are some other types of business taxes that cannot be avoided so easily, but there's really no excuse for a corporation to pay significant amounts of income taxes except incompetence. 2/3 of corporations in the US pay no income tax at all.

6. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Bush cut taxes.....How'd That Work Out?

More businesses?  Not here.

More  Jobs?   Not here.

Improved quality of product?  Don't make me laugh.

Lessening the Cost of Living?   HA!

All it did was increase the wealth at the very top, and leave the maintenance of this country, and it's people, to the poor and middle class.

Congrats Buschco. You win.....you're a real sleaze.

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I am not so sure. Not in Canada, I think. I am sure our taxes are higher.

8. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 13 years ago

Taxes will not go down substantially. They will go up in some category always.

9. Moonchild60 profile image74
    Moonchild60posted 13 years ago

BTW that is $620 just for me - with my husband and son we pay $1,560 per month for healthcare.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)