jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Teachers Unions Explained

1. AnnCee profile image71
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago
    1. DTR0005 profile image83
      DTR0005posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Education does tend to lead to liberalism... wonder why smile

AnnCeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Liberalism does tend to lead to arrogance... wonder why smile

2. readytoescape profile image60
        readytoescapeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Correction: Selective agenda biased curriculum education leads to liberalism.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

Liberals call anyone who has more than they need greedy.

Doesn't matter that they produced wealth to get the wealth they enjoy.

Public employees who produce very little and Teachers who have horrendous dropout and graduate rates are considered not greedy even though they want someone else to pay for their stuff.

Its a crazy world the liberals live in.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"Public employees who produce very little and Teachers who have horrendous dropout and graduate rates are considered not greedy even though they want someone else to pay for their stuff." Did you ever teach a class of twenty / thirty kids all day and then go to teachers meeting and then grade papers? Somehow I doubt it.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't get me started!!! I was supposed to leave at 3:20 today. I left at 5:30 and I still have to go to home depot to look for materials I need to repair the instruments that I use to teach music to my 300 students. School hasn't bought me a book since I started teaching 8 years ago. Everything I have has been paid by my own overtime work doing fundraisers through one of my school's PTA. I do all this for the kids and I know I'm missing the protest that's going on right now in Downtown Miami over the proposed budget cuts that are threatening all public schools' music, p.e., and art programs. I might be spending my own salary in repairing instruments to be used over the next two months to find, later on, that these same instruments might end up being dumped in the trash or donated to some private school for rich children who don't need it.

AnnCeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Music teachers are my heroes.  Pure magic what you do.

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you AnnCee... I love what I do but sometimes there is a high price to pay for doing what you love. I think this is true for most professions. smile

4. AnnCee profile image71
    AnnCeeposted 6 years ago

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/lisarenea8505/Emoticons/Emoticon-3.gif

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This poorly educated "liberal" can see the holes in that argument.
      Take the above, though it is true that the generation of electricity may involve fossil fuels, it might also involve wind or water power, sunshine or nuclear, it might involve fossil fuels but it might also include bio mass.
      It also removes the pollution from city centres.
      Name me one conventional road vehicle that can change between so many different fuels!

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

May I say... It doesn't matter what political party you belong to. If education is not properly funded in the right places the future of this nation will be grim to say the least. There won't be much content to discuss by liberals or republicans because there won't be brains to sustain an argument.

working