Why do people feel that Sarah Palin is hot?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (50 posts)
  1. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5543063_f248.jpg
    I blame Hilary Clinton for this. Hilary created the benchmark for political female "hotness" or "not-so-hotness".  And when Palin crashed the scene, everyone suddenly thought she was a supermodel.  Thanks Hilary.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that under Palin's pants suits, there is some funkiness happening.

I understand this is incredibly sexist and probably doesn't even matter, but I had to ask.
    What are your thoughts?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Jackie Kennedy was attractive. Hillary was never very fashionable. Palin is quite attractive. I believe in her younger days she competed in pagents. I think its one reason why liberals hate her. They prefer women like Hillary, or Romer, or Big Sis Napolatano.  Lol

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And the one reason why those who fund the Tea Party think she may be more valuable than their sharpest accountant.

Those who fund the tea party? You mean like 20% of America?

http://biggovernment.com/wthuston/2010/ … arty-lies/

Who are the other 80%?

20% are libs 40% are conservatives and 40% are moderates that for the mist part lean right. That's America and that's how America has been for decades.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure you'd relish that opportunity, but how did you come by this information. I thought a judge overruled Obamas application for complete transparency regarding donations. LALO do you have indider information?

Its from a gallup poll on how Americans identify politically that's done every year.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
                    Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You shouldn't let information out so haphazardly, before you know it the libs will be informed.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

At least that's proved to be a positive trend and the American people have had great returns in terms of the economy, health care and a united nation.roll

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60

80% is now 100% . You never cease to amaze me. It's a bit like god and the fishes.

1. Cagsil profile image71
                  Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Hollie, Ladylove loves to pass along distortion and misinformation, if you've not noticed. lol

I've noticed. But interestingly, and I know this is off topic, but LL states that 'she debates in forums so she can better understand her own arguments'

When she eventually gets there I'm hoping she can help the rest of us understand them too. lol

2. cooldad profile image61
        cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why did this suddenly turn into a liberal/conservative forum?  That had nothing to do with my question.

You asked why do people feel that sarah palin is hot. I gave my answer. You're right though it should not have developed into party donations. I apologize, profusely, grovel, grovel smile

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
            Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Palin is hot as long as she dosen't talk.

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
              Petra Vlahposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You got it right Paul and most of the time she gets it wrong

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
                Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most of the time, how about ALL the time? smile To be fully honest, isn't she a major turn-off for women? According to the new anti-Palin book that just came out, ot's pointed out that her and her husband are a couple psychopaths.

2. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because your question wasn't interesting enough? Who knows. lol

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because for some certain posters here, that's how they see their world. Sad but true.

As far as your thread topic, I never understood why people thought she was hot. But then again, there is 'relative hotness'. lol

4. lady_love158 profile image60

You asked for thoughts, those were mine and now you're going to complain?

Not complaining, just asking a question.  No matter what the thread topic, you seem to be a bit obsessed with liberals.  Just my opinion.

5. davenmidtown profile image66
          davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sarah Palin walks into a bar and the bar tenders says... so if you win, what will  you do about Iran?  Sarah says Don't you mean I Run?   THe bartender says no I mean Iraq... Sarah looks down and says.... do you like them?

6. uncorrectedvision profile image61
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you had picked someone other than Sarah Palin it may have avoided the political pit falls of Hubpages Forums.

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If she is good enough for Glen Rice and the rest of the NBA, then Palin is good enough for me!

Turns out that book is nothing but lies and the author admits as.much in an email obtained by the media. But you libs will keep repeating the lies until you're all convinced they're truth. The lib echo chamber is in full swing! No wonder you guys are so wrong about everything all the time!

3. Manly Man profile image61
      Manly Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because she has a nice rack?

4. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts! lol lol lol

Seriously, I do see her as a bit of a joke.

2. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

You think Palin is hot?  Now be honest, what have you taken, and is it legal?

I don't think she's hot.  She's mildly attractive, then she speaks and the mildness turns to blah.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Actually, I do think she is kinda hot.  But I have a thing for updos and glasses.

1. profile image0
      Wentworth35posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever seen Nana Mouskouri?  She might be right up your street.

Nana Mouskouri had some talent though.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Well, I guess it shows that many people are blind. lol

5. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

If you think America has hot female politicians, you will not be able to contain yourself if you could see Britain's Ann Widdecombe. 

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5543110.jpg

6. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

And boy can she dance smile

7. Manly Man profile image61
    Manly Manposted 12 years ago

Manly men prefer Carla Bruni
    <image removed>

Censorship rears its ugly head!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5543627_f248.jpg

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does anyone else find this woman a little anorexic?

How about Yulia Tymoshenko instead? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsZIZKBqSaE

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5544420_f248.jpg

Not much hotter than an adult woman who helps liberate her country, founds a political bloc and runs a successful business.(Other than the liberate her country - that sounds a little like Palin)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Tymoshenko

1. Manly Man profile image61
        Manly Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, she does. She's put on a few pounds (and clothes) since becoming first lady of France. (She didn' look anorexic at all in the photo that the HP morality police deleted.)

8. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 12 years ago

I think comedienne Lisa Lampanelli said it best.

(I'm paraphrasing) "for a politician, like compared to Hillary Clinton, she might be an 8. But compared to someone like Angelina Jolie, she's a deuce at best."

9. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

CoolDads got a thing .......hes got a thing for Janet Nepolitano. No offence but are you Gay , Palins a nice looker. Need glasses?

10. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I'd agree with cooldad about Palin.  I don't get the "hot thing" either.  She's attractive enough, compared to unattractive people (although I do think she could stand an updating  lol ).  I don't know...  I'm a woman, so I may not be a good judge of "hot", but Palin's far from my idea of "hot".  roll  If there has to be the sexist thing of "who's hot" going on, why not compare Palin to some women who aren't in national politics and instead compare Palin to, say, actresses of her own age.  That might add some perspective...  hmm )

Other than that, though, it's really not fair to compare the 60-plus Hilary to late-40's Palin.  (and it's not fair to post a really bad picture of her either - not that I'm a big Hilary Clinton fan).

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/poetic_tint711/HilaryClinton.jpghttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/llundorf/hilary_clinton.jpg  (Clinton may not be the most photogenic person in the world, but I think she can be attractive much of the time.  Then again, she became a lawyer when she was young - not a beauty-pageant enter-er.)

11. profile image0

What I like about Palin compared to Clinton is she is self made ! Niether Daddy's money nor the political 'system' did anything to  create her . The American woman when given the chance to further thier cause , thier generation of womans lib, is more concerned with image and emotion than substance and action in politics Not that man is any better !!! The idiousy of America right now is that we have turned the presidential race into the American idol! Hence the mess we are in now!!! Those who don't like Palin are threatened by the strenth of a woman , particularly true among the loudest of voices!

WOW ahordeback!
      Please tell us more about Sarah SUBSTANCE

ahorseback,
        I don't have a problem with her looks (in fact I think she is good looking, but rather "provincial" with that hairdo of decades ago).
        I have a big problem with the SUBSTANCE you said she has and that is what I would like you to elaborate on. As far as I can tell she is airheaded, painfully ignorant and overly opportunistic

12. profile image0

Petra, come on now be nice , Shes pretty , shes proportionate , Why are women so negative on her  , Not that I would vot for her .?

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People are still re-hashing the "is Palin hot" thing on here???   big_smile   

If it's only women who are "so negative on her" it's probably because they aren't paying a shred of attention to whether she's attractive or not and instead just plain don't think she's high-public-office material (whatsoever).  Women don't get who's "proportionate".   hmm  (Also, there are people who believe that women can see through "phony-and-shallow" better than a lot of men can.  There could be some of that type of thing going on too.)

13. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 12 years ago

I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, but I kind of like her individualism and style, and I think she's got a great figure.

Most politicians would sooner die than wear eyeglasses.  This makes Palin unique, I think.  I suspect Palin is very nearsighted, but gave up on contact lenses some time back.  I wear glasses myself, and I enjoy the fact that Palin has made some types of eyewear fashionable.

Nearsighted she is for sure in more ways than one. Is she trying to look more of an intellectual by wearing eyeglasses? Can she see Russia better?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)