jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Too Much Information

1. leroy64 profile image83
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

Do you suspect the real reason our politicians are so divided is ease in which everyone's secrets are discovered?   There are no secrets that a search on the internet cannot uncover and spread to the ends of the earth.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, I suspect that they know things about each other, not easily unearthed on the internet, but within political circles. Perhaps? they kind of have a hold on each other in that respect.

leroy64posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.  Secrets kept by mutual consent.  I wonder about the dynamics of that consent.

Well, just my 2c and not worth much, just opinion. How many bright, well meaning yet innocent (being the operative word) make it to the forefront of politics? What does it take to get there? Is it possible to keep integrity? I don't know.

Don't underestimate the worth of your opinions, or the value of voicing them.  For the record, I think integrity is possible in any circumstance and sorely needed in politics.  It is just not easy to maintain.

I agree.  I think we just have to hope that there are real individuals out there, who resist the temptations (I'm thinking specifically about how lucrative a lobbying organisation can be to a politician) I'm sure there are some, just not convinced there are many. IMO.

I keep hearing that sentiment from a number of people that normally will not agree on anything.

working