jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there too much information released about upcoming films before they are rele

1. gabrielthomas72 profile image78
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

Is there too much information released about upcoming films before they are released?

In our world of information overload, is there too much detail, ie trailers, interviews and leaks, about upcoming films. Do you feel as though we have probably seen and heard about the best bits before thay actually hit our screens?

2. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

I think it is a case of more you are informed about a film the more you are willing to go and watch it. It is also nice to know how that particular film came about.

3. thebiologyofleah profile image92
    thebiologyofleahposted 6 years ago

Yes I think there is too much information about a movie before it is released, the trailers alone give away too much about the movie.  It's one thing if people want to seek out the information-like interviews, spoilers- but it's hard when the trailer is shown in the theater and/or on tv because it is tough to avoid them.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I'm grateful for this - I didn't know that the latest The Expendables film was going to be mediocre despite such an awesome cast. But thanks to trailers and posters, I know before hand that the SAW series is becoming even more laughable (hard to believe) and that Shark Attack (in 3D - omgwtflolbbq) is going to be a waste of time.

Yep, there's too much information - they might as well tell you the synopsis to save time on seeing the trash of today.