jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

who is most likely to be republican candidate in brokered convention?

1. mio cid profile image65
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

who is most likely to end up being the republican candidate in case of a brokered convention?

1. steveamy profile image61
      steveamyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No idea .. but how fun would that be to watch...maybe Christie from NJ

1. mio cid profile image65
        mio cidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

it would be a great reality show, I think Christie is too smart to jump in in a doomed campaign.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I keep hearing about Jebbie.

Bush fatigue notwithstanding -- a good guess....I guess 57 is a low estimate?

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol

Yes, I think poor Jeb would be afflicted by his name, although I hear he has way more smarts than his bro. I know that most Floridians have a high opinion of Jebbie, but I don't really know much about him. Perhaps I need to be conducting some research!

Not this Floridian ..... but that is to be expected.....

2. I am DB Cooper profile image75
          I am DB Cooperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They would need to sell him as GW's smarter brother, the one who was supposed to be on the path to the White House until his alcoholic, partying brother got in the way. For Jeb to have a shot at winning they'd have to convince people this wouldn't be another round of George Bush or George W. Bush, whose administrations aren't held in very high regard by liberals or moderates.

3. mio cid profile image65

I guess there's a chance after the republican party hits bottom, after the 2012 election and if the results are bad enough for them and the adults manage to retake control of the party and the right wing nuts  and the teapartiers are send to the dark little corner where they belong , and they realize that with 90 percent of the minority vote against them there's no hope of winning a national election that jeb bush can be the figure that the party can rally around to come back from the wilderness.

2. mio cid profile image65

yes I'm sure he wants to kick his brother's xxx for that.

working