Are the two parties playing us like a fiddle?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

When are the American people going to realize both parties are playing us against each other for their own agenda? The tactics are endless. Two of them would be playing on our fear of security and the other by putting us in a position to defend our chosen parties ideas. Why are they unable to reach a compromise on anything? Is that not why two parties were put in place? Do you have a say in what country we send money to, while people in this country suffer? Did you have a say in the wars? Did you vote for NAFDA? Did you have any say in the outsourcing of jobs? And the list goes on. Bottom line, we elect these people to represent us. Are they doing that? Have they helped your household, family or friends? And putting all the bull I see night after night on all the news channels, are they just keeping us fighting to holding them accountable? It's time we stop disagreeing and at the very least agree on just one thing. These people are voted in to help all Americans, not just those who have the ability or finacial means to steer the outcome in their favor. To blame one party for this and the other for that accomplishes nothing! But it does distract us all from one thing. Creating jobs, finacial security and leaving a legacy we all would be proud to pass along to our grandkids!

1. JSChams profile image60
      JSChamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In answer to your thread which of course we have gotten away from....there will always be some play as long as you have opposing parties and you will always have them unless something happens which we really don't want anyway.

2. JSChams profile image60

Two things you must understand:

1. It;s your money..not theirs.

And B. They are supposed to work for us. Not the other way around.

As to that last back when they were having the town hall meetings summer of 2009 there was some truly heinous behavior by a lot of liberal politicians towards constituents who of course were supposed to just sit back and swallow whatever crap they fed them. Not to mention the strong arm union thug tactics.

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Total opposite remembrance. I remember TP thugs screaming at Dem reps like banshees.
        And carrying guns.

If you live in America....a portion of your money belongs to Her.

YOU want it all for free!

Never happened and you know it.

3. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I often feel the same way. As long as they keep us fighting with each other, we might not notice what's REALLY going on. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen the country so mean and so divided. Just last night, my best friend and I had this very same discussion. She's a liberal Dem, by the way, and we get along great. We discuss politics all the time, but we NEVER get angry about it. In fact, we almost always find things we can agree on. Why can't our pols do the same?

Lack of respect is also a problem. In my opinion, much of this started with Bush 2, and it's just as bad if not worse with Obama. Bush portrayed as Hitler, Obama displayed as a witch doctor, and both depicted as chimpanzees come to mind.

On these very forums, it's sometimes a problem. As writers, we should have vocabularies that are sufficient enough to express our opinions and ideas without name-calling. Here, I've seen:

Reagan = a$$hole
      Bush 2 = Dumbya
      Obama = Obozo and Obummer
      Romney = lying sack of $hit

I once referred to Santorum as "St. Rick," which isn't as bad. Still...

4. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Turns out, each of us has to not take anything as truth (necessarily) that we just hear being spouted off.   The problem means we have to dig and find out for ourselves.  Too many are lying.  Some are actually voting and doing certain things, and when the other side points it out, it LOOKS like they must be lying, but often they are not.

The deception game is worse than ever, and people are not thinking very well, more than I have ever seen in my lifetime.

5. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

interesting perspective on this issue

http://www.thedailybell.com/3824/The-Tr … est-Savior

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Well, the way I see it, there are 400 families who have plenty to leave to their grandkids. The rest of us don't. AND--these 400 are willing to let this whole country go to pot so their families can have more.
    A vote for the Republicans is a vote for these families IMO, and until another party comes along that rebukes them, I will vote Democratic.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Probably most local government, Democratic or Republican is honest. It is the national politics that is totally corrupt, and really just a crime syndicate. And I would say that most members of the 400 families don't have any more of an idea of the
    total defilement than the average citizen.

1. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

An Honest Politican is by definition an oxymoron. Politics is a rough game in any size. "Politicians share personality traits with serial killers" - http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing … llers.html

What's the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?  - the latter is successful at it and there is a higher percentage of them in leadership roles than the average population.

Have a Happy!

Although INTJs (Myers-Briggs personality Type profile) share some of the same characteristics as the psychopath - The same force that drives some INTJs to become serial killers and spree shooters drives other INTJs to become world leaders and police.

Some famous INTJ's are

* Arnold Schwarzenegger - actor, Governor of California
      * Augustus Caesar - Roman Emperor
      * C. Everett Koop - former U.S. Surgeon General
      * Calvin Coolidge - American President
      * Charles Rangel - politician, decorated war veteran
      * Chester A. Arthur - lawyer, American President
      * Chevy Chase - actor, comedian
      * Dan Akroyd - actor, comedian, musician
      * Donald Rumsfeld - former U.S. Secretary of Defense
      * Dwight D. Eisenhower - American President
      * General Colin Powell - former U.S. Secretary of State
      * Greg Gumbel - TV sportscaster
      * Hannibal Barca - Military Commander
      * James K. Polk - American President
      * Jane Austen - author (Pride and Prejudice)
      * Lance Armstrong - cyclist (seven Tour De France wins)
      * Michael Dukakis - former Governor of Massachusetts
      * Rudy Giuliani - former New York City mayor
      * Sir Isaac Newton - Astronomer
      * Susan B. Anthony - civil rights leader
      * Thomas Jefferson - American President
      * William F. Buckley, Jr. - journalist
      * William J. Bennett - politician
      * Woodrow Wilson - American President
      * General Ulysses S. Grant – Union general, American President
      * Friederich Nietzsche – philosopher
      * Niels Bohr – physicist
      * Peter the Great – Russian tsar
      * Stephen Hawking – astrophysicist
      * Ayn Rand – philosopher, author
      * John F. Nash Jr. – mathematician, game theorist
      * Helmuth von Moltke – German military general
      * Isaac Asimov – biochemist, science-fiction author (I Robot)
      * Theodore Kaczynski – infamous “Unabomber”

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6510795_f248.jpg

I'm an INTP!  (less than 1% of the Female Population - lucky you!.... )

4. lovemychris profile image77

Maybe....maybe you can break it down to a handful of people. But we all aquiesce by allowing it to continue.

As the AIDS warriors used to say:

Silence = Complicity

And I don't see the cops beating down any protests but those done against big monied interests....so I'd say they hit the right nerve.

Since it's well documented that 7 out of the top ten wealthiest Congress folk are Democrat, there are all these folks who are liberal supporting the 99% who are absolutely fabulously stinking wealthy rich......I think I would like to see some leadership fro them instead of mealy-mouthed bo shizzle. Let some of them divest themselves or take a poor family into their homes and keep them.

Them maybe I will do something besides yawn at all this.

5. lovemychris profile image77

The thing to do is change the POLICIES!

That's what you never seem to get....

No one care that Romney made 45 mil in 2 years...what we care about are the policies he promotes.

So, someone who is stinking rich like Warren Buffett...he is promoting POLICIES that change the system.

Charity is not the answer....change is.

Warren Buffet is not paying taxes even though he preaches that to the rest of us. Pretty much what tries to go on here is that you can be rich.....if you're a progressive. Cause your cool then. Hillary pulled a slick one years back and made a lot of money as well on what could only have been insider trading but the press played it down.John Kerry is a full fledged one percenter...didn't earn a dime of it and neither did the wife he got it from.
      How many Democrats are we aware of who are tax cheats? Charlie Rangel, Tim Geitner...who is supposed to be keeping the Treasury and can't even follow the rules? Don't preach about Republicans till you clean up your own house.
      See how many of them will give up their perks.

What polices are the Democrats promoting in the Congress? That's what I care about.
        And what polices are Republicans promoting?

and for you to say clean up your house...after 30 years of high-way robbery...*breath-taking silence*

Yeah they have this health care law that is about to be smacked down as unconstitutional. Beyond that it's just Harry Reid blocking anything Conservative.
          Oh yeah they have a great bunch of  ideas huh?

2. JSChams profile image60

Listen there was 40 years of unbroken stupidity before that which included the Democrats being dragged kicking and screaming into Civil Rights until they figures out how to use the poor and races as tools.

6. knolyourself profile image61

The whole idea of being the ruling class is to be beyond the reach the mundane and be proud of it. For the upcoming rich and famous they have all kinds of phony titles like Sir and Dames, to make them believe
    they are of the elite and buy their complicity. Same in America but usually by organizations. You have to born to the real elite. It's the progressive system.

So how many elite familes do you think there are?
      I always hear 13.

Rosanne Barr:

"the 1% idea is largely bullsh*t-wealth is concentrated in far fewer hands than that- 1252 people have all the money&could save the world"

Hear that? Save the world.....50 Cent said the same thing. If business would give just 1% of their profit--it could change the world.
        "Just One" Movement.

One penny out of each dollar made...that's it!

This is what's really going on. Supreme Greed at the expense of everyone else.

And using every excuse in the book to make it seem OK. It's not.

OK......

I am supposed to glean great wisdom from Rosanne Barr?
          Honey I have been sober far too long to believe that.'
          Have you actually physically listened to her lately?

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
            Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget 50 cent said it too!

50 cent said this too.

I told you fools before, I stay with the tools
                I keep a Benz, some rims, and some jewels
                I holla at a hoe til I got a ***** confused
                She got on Payless, me I got on gator shoes

And this

Shorty down there, on the Queens track takin' a whippin'
                ****, ***** get out a pocket, she needs some discipline

Class act.

Some people can't see beyond the nose on their face. And trying too hard makes them cross-eyed.

More Rosanne Barr wisdom?

"get ready to walk the plank, america!"

7. lovemychris profile image77

This just came up on my feed. Webster Tarpley:
    Leftlib RobertScheer caves to nihilism & despair-supports warmonger Romney's wingman RonPaul & $1trillion of genocide vs American people

Ron Paul is Romney's wingman...?? Last thing sent from Tarpley turned out to be true...

8. knolyourself profile image61

There are books called social registers which has listings. Sherlock Holmes had several. However I am too poor to be able to afford one.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Both parties play us equally, but only one can win.

9. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 12 years ago

Of course they are. That is how they make their money. They blow smoke and make the public like it. Two sets of laws one for the in crowd one for the everyday people.

We send people to D.C to get something done. They go to plot and make money on the side. There is no reason for the country to be in the shape we are in.

These guys go to Washington broke and come back millioniares. And they leave the country broke. We have given them permission to steal.

Yes they are ripping us off!

10. lovemychris profile image77

Let's not forget Corporate America.....who gained 1.7 trillion in profits in one quarter.

Imagine if they paid 35% tax like they're supposed to....why, we wouldn't need to cut anyones food, shelter or medical...

Sad truth is though...some of them probly paid 0 taxes.

Change the policies. Stop glorifying gangsterism!
    X-stian Nation my big fat booty!

Corporate America is SUPPOSED to make a profit.

AND supposed to pay taxes.

They do one, and forget about the other. GREED. A SIN, for those of you religious-minded. Avarice, malice, Camel through the eye of a needle.

They do pay their taxes and no matter how much you tell us they don't we know they do.

35%?? WHICH ONES? 

I'll try not to laugh toooo hard ....Bwahahahahahaha

11. profile image0
    mts1098posted 12 years ago

Politics have always been about the lesser of two evils...with that said the expectations are low...bring back ross perot

What is really any different from 2000?
      You see the sad part of that election and all the hanging and swinging chad stuff is this.

Nether of those candidates was compelling enough to bring about a substantial vote margin. The argument for Gore winning the popular vote is meaningless because it was very slight and the Electoral Collage trumps that.
      The argument for Bush sucks just simply because most people voted for him out of fear and loathing of Gore.

12. lovemychris profile image77

1.7 TRILLION dollar profit in ONE quarter................

and you are worried about debt/deficit/ our country? pshaw.

13. larakern profile image68
    larakernposted 11 years ago

Both sides play off our fears, hopes, and dreams. They know what we want to hear and are only too happy to tell us those things. Then, we they get elected they never live up to their promises. Why can't we find someone that is actually capable of being the president of the US instead of jamming half qualified candidates down our throats? Isn't there just one person in Washington that cares for the people instead of their ratings or money?

1. profile image0
      idratherbeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm starting to wonder if a person like that really exists for either party! My gut says no.

14. larakern profile image68
    larakernposted 11 years ago

Its sad to admit but yes, (idratherbe) you are right. It seems like the government no longer cares what the hard working American people want. Although, our government is more than happy to give WalMart and other big corporations money which eventually puts small businesses out of business.

15. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 11 years ago

I agree, and the big "W" store is part of why, in my opinion we're in this mess. They were in the middle of and benefited from NAFTA (outsourcing of jobs), ALEC (stand your ground, Gun sales for them), Straight Talk (which is tracphone, a mexican owned company and owned by richest man in the world), and the list goes on. But yet people continue to shop and support them, rather then the ma and pa's. And these same people are complaining about the government, when they need to address their own choices for purchases.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)