jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

He's Baaaaaaaaaack

1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 … 77021.html

The irony of someone who talks openly about shooting politicians saying the things he does, along with yelling while saying them, is hilarious.

1. shea duane profile image61
      shea duaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nugent is just not intelligent. I actually do know a few really intelligent republicans who believe that what they earn should stay in their pockets and should not help people who need help under any circumstances... (I said they were intelligent, not kindhearted). But Nugent is not smart... as a teacher, I'd say he has an IQ of between 65 and 79 (and I don't even believe IQ are appropriate measures of real intelligence... but in his case...)

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha.  Well the Republicans you are talking about would probably make some sort of argument about self-actualization and overcoming obstacles and growing as a person, like learning to ride a bike without training wheels requires falling down and skinning your knee a few times.  Not that I necessarily agree, but I'd guess that's more of the thinking they would endorse.

Nugent ought to sit down, and calmly write an op-ed to a major newspaper, such as the New York Times, or Washington Post, and lay out his reasons for endorsing Romney over Obama. 

Or, he could write one apologizing for his previous outbursts, and then lay out his more general political philosophy. 

I doubt he'll take either course though.  But I know any newspaper would love to publish him doing such a thing!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Let him rant and rave, he is not helping their cause smile

1. profile image0

Use him for campaign commercials :p.

2. American View profile image55
          American Viewposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would think Republicans are happy with his financial support but wish he would shut up.

1. profile image0

I agree with you on that completely.

3. shea duane profile image61

general political philosophy? uhhhhhh don't think he has one, nor do I believe he would understand your statement.

2. Amy Becherer profile image76
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

I would say it shows a total lack of forethought.  If anything would happen to the threatened person, the hysteric is on video, publically making a threat. In addition, it implicates the person as an emotionally impulsive, volatile, out-of-control personality with reactionary patterns that do not convey credibility.  In short, he is his own worst enemy.  Instead of his intented appearance as rational and powerful, his reaction shows frustration at the impotence he feels when confronted by the target of his angry response.

1. profile image0

It bothers me that he has a following, kind of like Beck.  Except, Nugent makes Beck look smart, at least sometimes :p. 

I think the outburst was probably caused by the fact that he feels he is being unfairly portrayed in the media as some kind of hatemonger, when, in his heart, he does not believe that about himself, or the views he espouses.  It is a fact he has made some really outrageous claims at his concerts though.  And he's a gun nut.  So I don't know.

1. shea duane profile image61

I think he has a following because some people want to celebrate their de-evolution... they want to live like cavemen, kill their own food, sleep in their own filth, and imagine God as a big golden king in heaven sending sunbeam angels down on them as they attend their KKK meetings and kill rabbits for fun.

1. profile image0

LOL.  I think that's a great summary!

3. Amy Becherer profile image76
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

Dim and toting a gun doesn't bode well for those that don't conform to his ideology.  I would think the NRA let out a collective gasp during his ranting diatribe.  He's a loose cannon.

1. profile image0

If he can get more people to buy guns, the NRA will be on his side.

4. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Ted has been a narcissist all his adult life and then maybe before he became famous.
    He has been indulged by fans and radio listeners too long.

5. hawkdad73 profile image68
    hawkdad73posted 5 years ago

If we stopped throwing media at everyone who is relatively famous has something to say, they might go away.  The Nuge is entertaining to a point...but when people like him seem to think they are as big as their ego, they become dangerous.

Next time he pipes up, leave him alone on his ranch...but then again, they might lose viewers and readers; come to think it liberals seem MORE sane.

working