jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Edicts on curtseying - ridiculous in the modern world!

1. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Apparently the Royal Household has sent a document around outlining who has to curtsey to who, both in private and in public

I find it ridiculous that in the 21st century anyone has to curtsey to anyone, let alone a member of their own family, behind closed doors. Outside of formal, state occasions I don't see why anyone should be bowed or curtsied to period.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … genie.html

1. recommend1 profile image67
      recommend1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

They wouldn't get me curtseying - and on the few occasions I met Charles and Anne over the years they never seemed to want me to.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What could be worse than a Panda lifting it's skirt and squatting eh?  roll

2. cloverleaffarm profile image73
      cloverleaffarmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy watching old movies about the 1700 and 1800's, and I must admit, I like the fact that they use to bow their heads to each other. It was sign of mutual respect, and I don't see it as demeaning. I see bowing and curtseying as a show of respect to the person you are speaking to. I guess I was born in the wrong time.

1. WriteAngled profile image89
        WriteAngledposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is something completely different. It is not a mark of respect from one human being to another. This is a mark of servility to an obnoxious family that considers itself superior to anyone else in the country where they live and whose taxes they leach to pay for their ridiculously extravagant lifestyle.

If Liz Windsor would bow to a beggar in the street as an acknowledgement of his humanity, than I would consider bowing to Liz Windsor. The fact that she was born into a family, which over centuries fought, stole and whored their way into the position they occupy now is not a reason for me to bow to her.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
          Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely...

They know not the history, nor the deceit, rape and pillage of others, their lands and resources, that have supported the monarchy and its spin WA.. sad

2. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I would not curtsey, bow or demean myself in any way in front of any royal, Mrs Windsor included. In fact, I would choose to avoid going anywhere near them because I loathe them all with a passion.

They are are totally irrelevant to anything and this stupid "edict" is just another demonstration of the fact.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Sorry... don't mean to change the theme but....
    I've always wondered why so many pet owners throughout the world teach their animals to bow down to them on cue sad

Mind you I bet those Royal Corgies don't do it! smile

working