12 Important Questions for Anyone who is Dating, Engaged to or Married to a Partner in the Military
If you are dating, engaged to someone in the military, there are a lot of challenges and issues that should be discussed before to better prepare you for your life ahead. I have known many couples who married a partner in the military and the many things they had to undergo. Here are some key questions to help you.
1. How will you cope when your partner is away for a very long period of time?
2. Will you go out with other people who have loved ones in the military while your spouse is away or stay with family?
3. Is there a time limit as to how long you could stand being apart from one another? If you were apart longer than this time frame, what would you do?
4. How often will you communicate through letters, email or phone calls while he or she is away?
5. How often do you expect your partner to write, email or call while he or she is away?
6. If your partner came back traumatized, how would you deal with this?
7. If your partner was physically wounded, how would you handle this?
8. How do you feel about living on base?
9. What are your thoughts about having to move every few years?
10. If your partner was assigned to a base you didn’t want to move to, would you stay behind? What would you do if you had children?
11. for both partners in the military, Will you or your partner be serving in the military as a career or leaving service after contract ends?
12. Do you have a career plan when you leave the service?
More Military Hubs
- 14 Wrong Reasons for Choosing to Get Engaged or Married
Are you getting engaged or married for the right reasons? These reasons alone for getting married can be the wrong reasons, but if used in the right way can lead you know what you really want.
- 3 Fun Meaningful Activities for Engaged Couples
Engaged Couples are often busy with wedding planning, that the actual day to day married lifestyle is neglected. Here are three great activities that engaged couples can do to help them as married couples to understand one another.
- How To Keep A Military Marriage A Happy Marriage
Being an Army wife is a tough job. There is nothing harder then having the love of your life gone from you more then they are home. Having to be a Mom and a Dad to the kids most of the time.
- How to Survive a Long Distance Relationship With a Military Man