Step by Step: Planning your Wedding
Created by LENIKMEDIA wedding films (www.lenikweddingfilms.com/)
The time to plan your dream wedding is here and you need to be organized. Remember that your wedding is whatever you and your love one want it to be. Having a wedding planning checklist is the best way to simplify the countdown to one of the most important days of your life. Step by step you will see how everything is accomplished. Here is a basic calendar to help you get organized and prepared for such a special day.
First things first:
- Start with a folder or binder that includes everything from lists to do, calendar, magazine articles, photos or clips.
- Research vendors, venues, caterers, florists, cakes, decorations, dresses.
- Work out a Budget. Do not overspend, be realistic.
- Make a temporary list of guests.
- Choose the date, place and time of the wedding and reception.
- Decide on the type of wedding you would like it to be. Would it be a simple, sophisticated, informal or formal? Choose for the style you and your guests would be more comfortable with.
- Hire a wedding coordinator, the transportation, photographer, band or DJ, and caterer.
- Reserve structural necessities, wedding and reception place.
- Decide and make the necessary arrangements for your honeymoon.
- Choose your wedding entourage, scheme, general decoration and patterns.
- Order the cake.
8 - 6 months before the wedding:
- Select the invitations, programs, personal stationary, table identification cards, etc.
- Start selecting everybody's attire.
- Purchase gifts and favors for attendants.
5 - 3 months before the wedding:
- Make the official guests list.
- Order the invitations, programs, personal stationary, table identification cards, etc.
- Select and register wedding gifts.
- Order bridesmaids' dresses and accessories.
- Plan and select menu, special music, ceremony, reception and timetables.
- Send event schedule to vendors.
- Order all attires.
- Reserve time for hair, make-up and nails.
2 months before the wedding:
- Check marriage license requirements.
- Make final reservations and rentals.
- Touch base with vendors, again.
- Meet with photographer and other vendors if needed.
1 month before the wedding:
- Send the invitations.
- Wedding gown and accessories final fitting.
- Check on the guests list and phone those who have not yet responded.
- Make sure necessary payments are made or are ready to be made after the event (whichever applies).
- Send electronic mail or make copies with driving directions.
- Write vows, if you desire.
- Assign seating.
- Meet with hair stylist to practice your hairstyle.
- Enjoy bachelorette (bachelor) party.
- Pack a beauty or emergency bag in case any adverse situation comes up. (ex. sewing kit, hairpins, safety pins, extra make-up, lipstick, tissues, nail files, dental floss, etc.)
- Reconfirm event times with the vendors.
- Have rehearsals.
- Delegate and assign tasks for the wedding day.
- Pick up dress and groom attire.
- Set aside vendors' payments.
- Do all that is necessary for the marriage certificate. (Doctor's examination, tests).
- Have your nails done, hair cut and colored during the first week before the wedding.
- Pack for your honeymoon and get all the necessary documents (passport, licenses, etc).
- Break in your shoes.
The Wedding Day
- The most important thing is to be relaxed and focus on yourself. By this time, you have already delegated tasks to everybody.
- Have a good breakfast and drink a lot of water during the day.
- Allow plenty of time for hair and make-up appointments. Have your hair and makeup done hours before the wedding. Your makeup can be touched up just before the event.
- Make sure the veil and head piece are with you for the hair appointments.
- The photographer must be on site at least an hour before any photo shooting.
- Having a beauty or emergency bag ready in case of an eventuality at the wedding and reception is a good idea.
Definitely, having peace in your mind the day of your wedding is what you aimed for by planning ahead. Remember that your wedding is the door to a new life with the person you love. Enjoy your day and the next days in your life.