- Gender and Relationships
Relationship Advice For Men
It’s not easy for most men to be romantic - we’re just not wired that way – so we have to work at it. This article will show you how to be more romantic and teach you the steps needed to strengthen your relationships with the women in your life.
Relationship Advice for Men identifies four areas of opportunity for you to improve your romantic performance:
- Keeping The Romance Alive
- Remembering Anniversaries
- 10 Secrets of a Happy Marriage
If you follow these tips, you'll be well on your way to a long and happy marriage.
Keeping the Romance Alive
Do you still tell your wife you love her?
Can you remember how to make her laugh?
Here are some of my favourite ways to show your wife that you love her:
- Hold Hands: Very romantic, especially when you're out for a stroll
- Say You're Sorry: Never be afraid to admit when you're wrong
- Make Time to Be Together: Go on a 'date night' to the movies, or arrange a romantic getaway
- Tell her "I Love You": It might go without saying - but say it anyway, at least once a day.
- Compliment Her: Tell her how much you like her new hair do, or sexy new outfit.
- Don't Forget Special Occasions: It's very important to remember birthdays, anniversaries, and special milestones in your lives together. More on this later.
For more great tips, take a look at 101 Ways to Tell Your Wife "I Love You" to become more romantic and to help you rekindle your relationship:
This great Hub will help you brush up your skills and keep your romance alive. Use these new found skills on your wife and watch her eyes light up!
How Romantic Are You?
Have You Ever Forgotten Your Wedding Anniversary?
Believe it or not, many men find it difficult to remember their wedding anniversaries! In fact, this is not as uncommon as you might think. According to a recent study reported in the U.K. Daily Mail:
- Almost half of men do not know the date of their anniversary.
- Men under 25 were most forgetful, with 62 per cent in the study of 2,000 unable to remember the date they met or wed their partner, while a third of men over 55 can't remember.
- In comparison, the research found 63 per cent of women have the date etched on their heart. Only three per cent of women admitted ever having forgotten an anniversary.
- One in five women said they buy their own flowers as their partner is so unromantic.
- One in four men buy their flowers at a gas station and three quarters of men under 25 rarely or never buy flowers for their partner.
- One in ten men under 25 also confessed to giving an unwanted gift to their partner as a supposedly heartfelt present.
Find out Why Men Forget Anniversaries and what you can do to help you remember in future. This article gives some insights into why it is so difficult for us to remember anniversaries, even though we can usually remember other important events such as St. Patricks Day, Fathers Day or the Super Bowl!
Don't Forget An Anniversary Card!
Anniversary cards are readily available from a variety of sources, including online. Here is my review of the top 5 websites to help you find Free Anniversary eCards online.
Of course, nothing is more romantic than making your own card or adding a personal wedding anniversary quote to an online or store-bought card.
These Wedding Anniversary Quotes will let you turn a regular anniversary card into a great one!
Gifts are an important way of keeping the love alive - and should be about the thought not the price. Choosing the perfect gift for your wife is always a challenge.
After flowers and chocolates, what comes next?
Here are some of my favourite romantic gifts:
- Sexy Lingerie: A gift that you'll both enjoy!
- Jewelry: If you want to splash out then nothing beats jewelry to turn a girl's heart,
- Theatre / Movie Tickets: Catch a show or movie together and relive your first date.
- Romantic Getaway: Gives you a chance to have some alone time and rediscover those special moments together. Whether it is for a long weekend or an extended duration, romantic getaways give you the opportunity to explore new surroundings, enjoy new experiences and rekindle your relationship. Check out my article on romantic getaways and see why these destinations are truly special.
Still undecided? Then try these useful tips:
- Find out the Top 10 Gifts Not To Give Your Wife On Your Anniversary so that you don’t repeat the mistakes of the past!
- Check out Anniversary Gifts For Her for some great romantic gifts, and
- If you’re still stuck, look at Anniversary Gift Ideas for Couples.to find ideas for things you can do together - romantic getaways, theatre tickets, life experiences and much more.
10 Secrets of a Happy Marriage
There's nothing more rewarding than a long and loving relationship, but it doesn't come easy. I've been married for over 30 years and, despite some ups and downs, it's been a fantastic experience.
Here are 10 Secrets of a Happy Marriage that you can work into your relationship to ensure that you'll be celebrating anniversaries for many years to come:
- Respect: It's easy to be respectful to work colleagues and friends but, when you get home, it can be just as easy to let off steam. Remember to treat your partner the way that you would like to be treated at all times.
- Forgiveness: A wise man once said "To err is human". We all make mistakes and a little forgiveness goes a long way.
- Sense of Humour: We often laugh about stressful events after they have been resolved. Wouldn't it be better if we could learn to laugh while they are actually happening. There's a lot of truth in the old adage "laughter is the best medicine".
- Flexibility: I'd bend over backwards to be more flexible. But seriously, being flexible, and less stubborn, will help you through a lot of sticky situations.
- Celebrate: All healthy relationships need the support of friends and family. Celebrating events and anniversaries is an important way to remind ourselves of what we have.
- Communicate: Although your partner expects you to be able to read minds, it actually takes several years before you develop this skill. In the meantime, communication can solve a lot of problems!
- Friendship: Seems obvious, but your partner should be your best friend. Treat each other as equal, share everything, and enjoy your life together.
- Support: There are very few people in the world who will love you unconditionally - your parents, your siblings (hopefully) and your partner. Never forget this, and support them in everything they do.
- Romance: Take the time to spend some romantic time together - take a trip, go on a date, remind yourselves why you fell in love in the first place.
- Things to avoid: And here are some of the absolute no-nos in a healthy relationship:
- Never use physical violence
- Never use verbal abuse
- Never manipulate your partner
- Never go to bed angry
- Never cheat on your partner, physically or emotionally
Go Forth and Be Romantic!
I hope you’ve found Relationship Advice for Men helpful. Following this advice has helped me stay married for over 30 years.
Now that you’ve learned these new skills, try them out for yourself and see what happens. I think you'll be surprised at the results!