- Gender and Relationships»
Top 10 Gifts NOT to Give Your Wife on Your Anniversary
Do you always give your wife great gifts on your wedding anniversary?
Or do you struggle to find that perfect anniversary gift?
Then check out this list of the Top 10 gifts that you should NOT buy your wife for your anniversary:
- Exercise Equipment or Gym membership: Treadmill, elliptical, weights - it all suggests that she may have a weight problem
- Vacuum Cleaner: or other items related to cleaning such as a mop, broom or swiffer (women don't really smile when they use it)
- Diet Books: Anything related to dieting is a no-no, back to the weight issue again!
- Body-shaping Clothing: If it has the words 'compression girdle' in the description, don't buy it!
- Iron or Ironing Board: No matter how much you need a new iron, unless you want to use it yourself, don't buy this for your anniversary
- Shavers: Although some women do need to remove excess hair, they don't want to be reminded of it on their anniversary
- Hair Dye: or anything that suggests going grey and ageing
- Deodorant /
- Subscription to PlayBoy /
- Dinner at Hooters: Really, if you can't see why these last three are wrong then you may not have to worry about future anniversaries!
Of course, this list is a stereotypical, tongue-in-cheek look at what NOT to buy for your wife. I constructed it to make a point - that there are better anniversary gifts out there and, with a little thought and research, you can do much better.
Sure, you can get away with some of these if you've been married a long time. For example, a joint gym membership will give you the chance to spend a lot of quality time together. But generally, you should avoid everything on this list.
So, if you've ever given your wife one of these gifts for her anniversary, then you need help!
Spice Up Your Marriage!
Check our Relationship Advice for Men to help you become more romantic. Use these new skills to spice up your marriage!
You can do better!
Your wedding anniversary is that one special day of the year when you get to celebrate your love. And, although the gift itself is very important, it is how you celebrate the whole day that counts.
So, celebrate your anniversary with these Wedding Anniversary Ideas and show her your romantic side by following these steps:
- Mark the date
- Buy an anniversary card and add a romantic quote
- Order a bouquet of flowers
- Make reservations for two at her favourite restaurant
- Consider arranging a romantic getaway to your favourite city / spa / tropical island
- Check out some other great ideas at Anniversary Gifts for Her.
Finally, don't forget to tell your wife you love her! Check out this fabulous HubPage from blessedmommy which gives you 101 Ways To Tell Your Wife, "I Love You" . Follow this advice and you'll be well on your way to your next anniversary - and many more after that!
Romance Is Only A Step Away!
I hope you found this article on 10 Gifts NOT to Give Your Wife on her Anniversary helpful.
If you're looking for more ways to improve your romantic life, here are some related articles that provide tips and suggestions to make your wedding anniversary celebration more romantic, including:
- Wedding anniversary gifts showing both the traditional and modern anniversary gift guides
- Gifts Ideas for Couples Anniversary
- Paper Anniversary Gifts for your one year anniversary
- Romantic Getaways
- Why Do Men Forget Their Anniversaries?
- Relationship Advice for Men
Thanks for visiting. And if you're planning a romantic anniversary trip to celebrate your wedding anniversary this year, then here are some great destinations for Romantic Getaway Ideas.
Now you have no excuse - you're fully equipped for your most romantic anniversary ever - good luck and let me know how it goes.