Marriages are destroyed by many things.
1. People's inability to change or ever admit they're wrong.
3. Lack of a desire to work to maintain intimacy.
4. Lack of romance.
6. Gender roles or the lack of femininity/masculinity in a partner.
7. Power struggles between partners.
8. The Feminist Movement
9. Physical and emotional distances created by partners in the military.
10. Having children too soon.
11. Inability to compromise.
12. Loss of fun and laughter in the relationship.
13. Childishness or adolescent behavior.
14. Pornography or emotional infidelity.
15. Physical infidelity.
16. Unsolicited advice or influence from family, in-laws, or the church.
17. Extreme age differences between partners.
18. Workaholic or extremely ambitious partners.
19. Getting married for any reason other than love.
20. It's just too easy to call it quits and get a divorce.
All of these things can contribute to the downfall of a marriage.