jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do marriages fail and end up in divorces?

1. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Why do marriages fail and end up in divorces?

Some of the reasons ending up in divorces can be quite ridiculous.  What are the most ridiculous reasons you may have read or heard of?

2. mytipen profile image79
    mytipenposted 7 years ago

Most marriages fail and end up in divorce because of the selfishness of both individuals involved. No one person is responsible for the failure of any marriage. Another reason is the absence of a head. A ship cannot stay afloat when it has two captains.

In the olden days, the man used to be the head of the family and had the final say on things concerning the family. Nowadays, due largely to civilization and the rise of female autonomy, that's no longer the case giving rise to unending arguments and lack of unity in marriages.

For any relationship to move forward, one of the parties involved has to play the fool which was what the women used to do before society became civilized.

3. devsir profile image60
    devsirposted 7 years ago

Most of the marriages fail due to ego problem between husband and wife. also their negligence for their relationship causes them to be away. I have seen a couple divorcing because wife did not bathe daily.

4. profile image0
    Always Greenerposted 7 years ago

Because people project these unrealistic fantasies onto another human being and then become disappointed when reality becomes involved.

Also, people can sometimes take a while to show their true colours.  Additionally, people can grow and move past being with someone who doesn't grow.

5. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

values is the answer. we all have a "hierarchy" of values (what is most important, to what is least important) that stemmed from childhood "voids" (what we think/thought was missing in our lives). we typically are attracted to the opposite of ourselves. what we repress, we admire in someone who expresses our repressions. infatuation though will have a resentment tied to it. SO, i can only speak for myself, i have been married once (value still) and am well into my third decade. we have come close many times to not being married, here we are still. the reason? we were great friends to start our relationship. just like a skyscraper, you want a big building, you must dig a deep foundation if you want it to stand. in the end, what we do not care for others? are only items we have not loved within ourselves. any battles with others, is a battle with oneself. society insists you need to behave in one certain way, which i say hogwash. you are all "doing yourselves perfectly" you cannot mess it up. Dr. Mike

6. sanura2011 profile image59
    sanura2011posted 6 years ago

Because one or both persons in the relationship are not trying to make things work. A relationship, regardless of the status of the relationship such as friends or married, is 50/50.