jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is forgiveness can be difficult to do?

1. ianprado1 profile image53
    ianprado1posted 8 years ago

Is forgiveness can be difficult to do?

If you forgive you must do it in a sincere way and also the person who wants to forgive.

2. Hiperion profile image60
    Hiperionposted 8 years ago

I think not. If we forgive 1 time, we┬┤ll see how wonderful it is and the next times will be more easy to forgive.

3. Innovator820 profile image60
    Innovator820posted 8 years ago

I tend to forgive just about anything, but I don't forget what or why something happened...this helps me to stay focused and learn from that experience.

4. lkeipp profile image56
    lkeippposted 8 years ago

I would say forgetting is harder than the forgiving - and the forgiving can only come when you decide whether the offense is something you can forgive.

5. CarolanRoss profile image75
    CarolanRossposted 8 years ago

Forgiveness is not necessarily reconciliation.  Forgiving releases YOU from resentment and negative emotional focus.  So I consider it more as acceptance of what IS so that one can move on.  The other person does not even necessarily have to KNOW that you have forgiven.  Sometimes the offense seems unforgivable, yet to forgive is a release from it.  Make sense?

I've been trying to wrap my head around this after an ugly divorce and found a book called 'Radical Forgiveness' to be helpful on this topic.  Maybe writing a hub on it will be a good thing.

Considering that...

6. dreamer32 profile image81
    dreamer32posted 8 years ago

Forgiveness can sometimes be difficult to do! It depends on  how much damage that was done to their emotional state. Usually,If abuse or harsh words has been going on for years, or if a person takes something way that is precious to a person such as killing a loved one, or cheating on a spouse. This makes it harder for a person to forgive them due to the memories of the past! For these type of people, forgiveness doesn't happen at one time with them. It happens piece by piece.

7. mrpotavin profile image68
    mrpotavinposted 8 years ago

It really depends on how badly your trust has been mangled. When I meet someone, it usually takes me a while to actually trust them. When people break my trust, I find it near impossible to trust them again. While I forgive their actions, I do not allow myself to be placed in the same position where they can make the same failure again. Forgiveness comes from accepting the faults in someone else, but does not require us to let those faults hurt ourselves. Forgiveness is easy, it is the insane attempt that many of us make in rebuilding the relationship that is so hard.

working