How to set up a food schedule for a couple

1. KT pdx profile image81
    KT pdxposted 8 years ago

How to set up a food schedule for a couple

My husband and I eat different kinds of foods (I'm a vegetarian and he's not), and we eat at mostly different times.  How do other couples do this?  Cook for both people?  Prepared food (tv dinners) for one and cook for the other?  That's what we're doing now.  Cook and freeze for both?  Shop for separate menus or just get staples and then figure out how to use them creatively?

2. Katelyn Weel profile image88
    Katelyn Weelposted 8 years ago

My fiance and I are in the same situation, I'm vegetarian and he isn't. Most carnivore dishes can be adjusted for a vegetarian, for example with stir-fry or pasta, you can cook (or let him cook) the meat separately so he can add that in on his own plate.

If you like to make your meals ahead of time and freeze them, you can still follow this method, just make one dish that can be adjusted for both, and cook/freeze the meat part separately.
    If there are dishes you can't adjust you can always make separate meals, but of course that isn't always practical.

My advice is to compromise the best you can, and ask him if he really has to have meat in every meal. My fiance and I eat vegetarian meals most of the time, but he does like to have a "meat fix" once in a while, and then we'll cook separate meals.

working