jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

After we broke up I slept with one of his best friends. Now we are back together

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

After we broke up I slept with one of his best friends. Now we are back together. Do I tell him abou

2. mkott profile image77
    mkottposted 8 years ago

Sometimes we do things after a split that is just left unsaid if you are back together.  Bringing up what either of you two did while apart doesn't help the situation.  Talk about relevent things that went wrong but work on the here and now.  You will be in a jam if the friend says something.  I would have to say at that point to not go into detail because doing so brings issues in that has nothing to do with the two of you.  If you were together and you slept with his friend it would be a different situation.

3. MrsOdie profile image53
    MrsOdieposted 8 years ago

Doesn't sound like much of a friend to him.  Here's the thing.  If you had slept with someone he didn't know, I'd say, keep it to yourself.  Since he knows the guy, he's going to find out.  Better he find out from you.  And prepare yourself.  I don't know if he'll be able to get past it.  It will hurt his ego.

4. xiao_kang profile image56
    xiao_kangposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't tell him. I've slept with a few of my ex's friends or people he slept with (small community here smile And now we are back together. I have a policy of not volunteering information but I'm always prepared for the moment when it's discovered, so that I will face him without shame.
    "yeah, I slept with him. I was fair game. What of it?"
    "why didn't you tell me?"
    "Why would i? We weren't together. It's not a big deal...it's just sex...who have you slept with since..."
    And then to boost his self-esteem "Really it's no big deal, the sex was terrible anyway."
    We don't need to be an open book. Be a foreign film instead, with censored subtitles.

working