jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My problem is this my husband does not stand up for me even when Im in the right

1. profile image45
    withouthopeposted 8 years ago

My problem is this my husband does not stand up for me even when Im in the right. suggestions?

I have been married for ten years now and for five of those I was very sick. Now that I am better my husband does not say anything when others start a fight with me or yell at me or in any conflict situation. I have talked to him in a rational tone and tried to work this out. He says he will change but never does . What do I do now?

2. ktps profile image54
    ktpsposted 8 years ago

if he doesnt stick up for you then that means he thinks more of other people then you

3. Suzanne Alicie profile image55
    Suzanne Alicieposted 8 years ago

I had a husband like that....note HAD. I traded up for a man who respects me, defends me, and is on my side no matter what. Everyone deserves for their partner to be their best friend, confidant, and defender.

4. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 6 years ago

I got into a conversation about this some time ago. I feel that my husband should defend me in a conflict, but there are many who feel that a man sticking up for a woman weakens her, and that she should be left alone to fight her own battles, because, heck, what woman needs a man?

Chances are that his attitude is that you can do it yourself. If you've talked to him though, it's very possible that he has a problem with conflict.