Do you see what I see?

1. Robin Carter profile image57
    Robin Carterposted 7 years ago

Do you see what I see?

we look in the mirror and see all these flaws! do are partners see what we see? does it really matter to him or her? does this affect how we deal with our realationships?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Sadly, over the past few years, the cosmetic industry is making inroads into creating a market for men, we are seeing more and more, peacocks, males, I won't give them the honour of the title, men.  These males are the ones who are more likely to be critical of their partner's looks.  Those who have not been trapped by the cosmetics industry - men - are more likely to accept the ageing process in both.

3. helendanger profile image81
    helendangerposted 7 years ago

If he really loves you, he loves your flaws too.  So no, he doesn't see them. 

Men are more realistic and pragmatic about looks than we give them credit for.  A 55 year old guy might still notice a cute 22 year old in a tennis outfit, but that does not mean he expects his 49 year old wife to look like that.

He just wants her to take care of herself and be free and comfortable in her body.  The hangups we have and the stress we feel about our flaws are completely foreign to guys.