jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am just now learning how to develop relationships. What about you?

1. Shealy Healy profile image60
    Shealy Healyposted 7 years ago

I am just now learning how to develop relationships. What about you?

I am almost fifty years old. I am forty-eight. And, I think I am just now for the first time in my life learning how to develop an authentic relationshiop. I have always been a little shy and a lot unsure of my self. I think I am not alone. Do you feel the same?

2. profile image50
    scott40272posted 7 years ago

I totally understand where you're coming from, as I am a self-proclaimed loner as well. I've had many authentic things in my life, but never a relationship. The closest thing to an authentic relationship that I can recall having is an authentic rookie card of Ray "Mudbutt" McGillicutty. He played for the Toledo Mud Hens. The last I had heard, he moved to Guam and sold brine shrimp on the beach for a meager living.

I was never very shy as a kid, but I did become awkward and clumsy towards women as a teenager. I tried everything to fit in with my age group, including:  Driving an Ice Cream truck, getting a swastika tattoo on my forehead, and Parcheesi.

I finally got my lucky break six months ago by joining an exclusive online club, "World of Warcraft." I'm not sure if you've ever heard about this club, but it is a very elite group that is represented all across the globe. Even Ozzy Osbourne is a member. I would seriously recommend that you look into joining this exclusive club. You can download a free demo at their website:  www.WorldofWarcraft.us.battle.net. Everyone in this club does not care what you look like, only what type of skill sets you have. I think you would be a good fit since you and I seem to have alot in common already. We're both loners, shy, and have club feet.

P.S. My username on World of Warcraft is slapnuts, so feel free to send me a friend invite.

3. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

There are so many people like you. Age does not matter only matters the happiness you will be getting out of the authentic relationship.Better late than never.

4. Shealy Healy profile image60
    Shealy Healyposted 7 years ago

I have been married for over 20 years. But, I still suggest that I am just learning to have an authentic relationship. Most of the time when we humans are involved with relationships with others we are seeking our own fullfillment. We are holding back. We are not authentic. It takes bravery and a bit of humor too to be authentic-I dare to think.

Closed to reply

working