jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how to try not being a loner ?

1. rajivnandy profile image60
    rajivnandyposted 7 years ago

how to try not being a loner ?

2. wordsscriber profile image61
    wordsscriberposted 7 years ago

Find people that have the same interest that you do.  Go places where people are.  Start coversations.  Help others volunteer.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I used to be one of the most voluntarily isolated people on the planet. I think the solution for everyone is different, but it worked for me to just start leaping outside my comfort bubble...not pushing it, much further than that...by being social with just about everyone, initiating conversations with people I barely knew -- or didn't know at all -- and spending more time in places where I would be likely to have to interact with people. It worked pretty well...I was sociable for a few years, picked up a few lifelong friends, met my husband on Myspace poker, and then went back into voluntary isolation tongue. The important thing is, though, that at any time now I do have the option of calling up friends or getting out of the house to do something, and the rest of the time can have my peace and quiet. While your success rates may vary in different kinds of places (this is a small town...not too many people have serial killer phobias), it might be a place to start, and you might be surprised just what kind of people you meet that you otherwise would never have noticed.

4. ReesasakaGaara profile image55
    ReesasakaGaaraposted 7 years ago

Depending on your personality, it might be hard to become dependent. That is how i started out, and after getting my life torn apart, I just stopped and became a loner, and still am. But, all you have to do is respect others, and be along with the ride of life. Sooner or later you'll realize the point in being dependent.

working