jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How are you able to articulate others thoughts?

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

How are you able to articulate others thoughts?

2. agaglia profile image82
    agagliaposted 7 years ago

I listen to how other people talk and try to quote them. That helps me get an idea about how they think.  Thinking comes before talking.

3. Challah1202 profile image58
    Challah1202posted 7 years ago

I don't think you can articulate the thoughts of others.  The best you can do is talk and examine a subject or analyze what their opinions are, and then verbalize your own opinion of what they say.  You can repeat their statements or ask for clarification, but that doesn't ever assure you that they have been honest about what they think.

4. Lalulinho profile image78
    Lalulinhoposted 7 years ago

I think the best way to try to articulate the thoughts of someone else is to try to use your own words to paraphrase or summarize those thoughts.  Then ask the author of those thoughts if your words fairly characterize her position.

5. mcrawford5 profile image61
    mcrawford5posted 7 years ago

Yes. I absolutely believe that you can articulate another person's thoughts. I have been successful at articulating other's thoughts because I am a listener. The gift of writing is for that very reason. Not everyone can articulate how they feel. But the gift of writing is established through the skill of listening. To be able to capture the heart and put it in words is amazing-and a great challenge for me!

working