jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that honesty is always the best policy?

1. Drew nite profile image57
    Drew niteposted 7 years ago

Do you think that honesty is always the best policy?

2. tjhooper profile image75
    tjhooperposted 7 years ago

In the whole scope of things? Yes. Even though you think you might be doing a good deed about lying to someone to protect their feelings, it is never right to use a wrong method for a right cause.

3. profile image50
    TheGoodnessofLifeposted 7 years ago

Personally, I do! I say tell the truth and let the person decide how they feel about it, sometimes the reaction might not even be as bad as your thinking. It's better for them to know the truth than wonder if your lying, that could effect things majorly. Depending on the relationship with the person and what your lying about you could possibly really hurt your relationship by not being completely honest. If you know it's something you might have to lie about, think twice before doing it and make sure whatever it is, is worth it, if not don't do it. If it's something that has already happened, just tell the truth and see what happens, if it's bad then that's what's meant. And always remember that "everything happens for a reason."

4. SEO IT! profile image82
    SEO IT!posted 7 years ago

That depends on if someone has asked a question and expects an answer or if you know something that will impact another person's life in a negative way if they do not hear it. In many cases, it is best to keep silent.

5. I_Write profile image61
    I_Writeposted 7 years ago

When it comes to relationships :The way I see it is, if you tell them the truth now they might get a little angry and they will probably forgive you...if you lie and they find out the truth later they will get off the scale angry and possibly never forgive you.

In friendships :It all boils down to your pain threshold or the sensitivity of your ears.

When it involves your boss : Lie!

6. profile image62
    Raheposted 7 years ago

Lies have a way of coming out regardless of how much time has passed...so whether you choose to tell the truth or not thing do come out eventually. I think the question one needs to ask themselves is, what will i gain from it all? and should it eventually come out in the open how will it affect those who are at the center of it all?

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

honestly no i think some things are better off un said

working