jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Is honesty the best policy always?

1. mdlawyer profile image39
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Is honesty the best policy always?

2. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

In response to your question....... I believe honesty is the best policy. Truth and the acknowledgement, verbalising or expression of truth is what we call Authenticity. And when you are authentic, you are FREE.
    You gotta live with your Self at the end of the day.

3. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

In theory, yes. Honesty is the best policy. In practice, it's a lot easier said then done.  This is an age old ponderance, that reaches farther then just in business. It's something that effects every part of you and every person you interact with.... read more

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

no it's not. sometimes honesty can cause more problems then lying and it can create confusion, hatred and even a violent outcome.

5. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Sometimes a little white harmless lie goes a long way. Sad, but true, honesty isn't always the best policy. The slogan in business, "the customer is always right," is an explanation that being honest isn't always the best way to go. If you can't ever say the customer is wrong, even though 99% of the time they're wrong, then in a way you're being dishonest.

6. JT Walters profile image78
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

The truth comes out and it is best to maintian healthy relationship sto let the truth come out while you are around ot deal with it.  If not it comes out in your death and hurts the ones you love.

7. Tips guru profile image61
    Tips guruposted 6 years ago

100% honesty is the best policy. If you thing that sometime it will gain success ........it is not right.......If you be honest you can get all things complicated first but ...at the end It will be heaven .....

8. woodamarc profile image65
    woodamarcposted 6 years ago

Typically yes. To cover your lies takes much more effort and you'll have to manage the guilt [if your that type of person];  And if by lying you know it was the wrong thing to do.  However, if the lie will spare a loved ones feelings you'd have to weigh the situation.  And you might consider the backlash if it came back to haunt you later.  I prefer to tell the truth, it's much easier on my soul-spirit.

9. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

Wisdom and knowledge of what you are dealing with at hand is a must in your every day living on the earth. Do not be a fool. Be cool. Peace out.

10. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I don't believe that honesty is always the best policy. White lies are all right, as long as you don't hurt anyone.

11. uknow profile image59
    uknowposted 6 years ago

yeah you should be honest but no detailed honest.

working