jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'm in love with my friend

1. profile image47
    littletonveryposted 7 years ago

I'm in love with my friend

I have a very close friend who I am in love with. She knows how I feel and I know she does not feel the same way. We are close friends but I find it difficult when she talks about going on dates and stuff but obviously I can't expect her not to date just because I'm hung up on her but I'm struggling to cope.
    Any advice would be appreciated

2. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

As hard as this is going to sound, I think I would consider finding a new friend.  This one is not trying to be mean, but she has a life to live, as do you. 

I'm sure you are the one she calls for everything, stop being there for her every need.  When you quit being so available to her, she may then decide that you were indeed what she was looking for.

If that doesn't happen, then you will have 'moved on' and hopefully found someone who appreciates you, and treats you like you deserve, rather than just a best friend.

Good Luck!

3. earny123 profile image75
    earny123posted 7 years ago

Move on she clearly isnt interested which sucks to hear, someone else will find you her type. smile

Hope this helps, Visit my profile if you would like to see a variety of Hubs .
    Thanks Liam and Hannah

4. Genesis profile image61
    Genesisposted 7 years ago

This is a tough situation to be in, and in my humble opinion it's probably best to detach from you friend, get out, and meet new people that will be interested in you on a relationship level.

Live well, be truly happy, and your friend may suddenly see you in a new light. However, don't do this in the hopes to change the way your friend feels about you because you'll miss out on real happiness, and probably the right person for you.

working