jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what do you say to friends/family who insist on reminding you of all your past

1. gg.zaino profile image82
    gg.zainoposted 7 years ago

what do you say to friends/family  who insist on reminding you of all your past mistakes..

though you have turned your life around many years ago and are not that person any longer? This also applies to an ex wife or girlfriend - or husband/boyfriend for the ladies smile

2. kennynext profile image74
    kennynextposted 7 years ago

The past is gone and can not be changed. The future is what i am making now. Everyone makes mistakes, some just hide them better than others.

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

First of all I would like to say be sure of yourself,
    They have a right to voice their opinion, but have aright to reject them.
    Be clear in your communication, nothing wrong in admitting your mistakes but be keep doing what you have started out to do
    Your persistence will speak for itself.
    They will eventually bow out if your action speak louder than your words!!

Have a few hubs on  similar lines may help to check them out!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Building-self-c … ion-part-2

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I've had countless "friends" and family members who have done this...the first few times I let them know that I know I made those mistakes, I've learned from them, and I've moved on and tried to use those lessons to make myself a better person. If they insist on rubbing my face in it, I politely request that they not talk to me at all if that's all they can talk about. The requests get less polite if they still insist on it. Life is too short to let anyone try to drag you back into old ruts.

5. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

I'd simply ask, "well how many misyakes have u made?" I'd also say, "look in the mirror."

6. NikenDiana profile image56
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

Past is memory..
    Today is reality...
    Tomorrow is mistery....

so i will face the reality ..i will do the best for today.
    important is that you don't do the same mistake again..

coz if you fall in the same hole i think is not a mistake anymore  but fool..

Closed to reply

working