jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you know if you are addicted to sex?

1. ROMANCER OF LIFE profile image70
    ROMANCER OF LIFEposted 7 years ago

How do you know if you are addicted to sex?

I know this is personal, but I'm curious to how this question will be answered.

2. CoCoV profile image56
    CoCoVposted 7 years ago

If you want it all the time no matter where, when and sometimes with who! smile

3. SIJO1 profile image70
    SIJO1posted 7 years ago

Well i have had the time to answer this questions so i guess im not addicted.I think your addicted to sex in the same way your addicted to anything else you just want it all the time and you cant wait to get your next fix.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

As with any other addiction, it's when it starts having a serious negative impact on your life. Addictions come before friends, family, and in this case before committed relationships or anything else. Most often it accelerates like any other addiction...you may start off with just getting upset if your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse doesn't want it 4-5 times a week, and eventually it gets to be an overriding need to have it as often and extreme as possible. This may include multiple partners at a time, seeking sexual satisfaction that causes injury, etc.

While I don't know from personal experience, I'm going to guess that it's like other addictions in that you don't just wake up one day and realize, "Wow, I'm a sex addict." It's something that takes over your life over time, and many addicts have a hard time acknowledging when it becomes a problem.

5. profile image0
    gphoenixposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't, I would just enjoy it... over and over again...

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I think there are two ways to know if you're addicted to anything.

1. Is wanting it keeping you from functioning in your daily life or interferring with you being responsible and accountable to others.

2. You become over the top anxious or ill when you can't have it.
    Your personality shifts to a place where people who know you can't figure out why you're acting nuts.

Some would say it's possible to be a "functioning addict".
    The type of person who manages to keep it all together while going over the top with their personal habit, alcohol, drugs, or sex.

Closed to reply