jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

for instance, a close friend you have not seen in years came into your house an

1. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

for instance, a close friend you have not seen in years  came into your house and  stay for...

5years, spoils everything you got, killed your dog, impregnated your daughter, spoils your relationship with others then you finally sent him packing. now he is begging that he is sorry he wants to  come back and stay . would give him a second chance?

2. IvoryMelodies profile image70
    IvoryMelodiesposted 7 years ago

I would not take him into my home again, regardless of how sorry he was.  I would direct him to lodging or resources, and there would be a frank discussion before I would even do that.  From a Christian standpoint, I have a responsibility to do something.  It'd be easy to just say no, and I certainlly might want to, but I would at least try to help.  Not in my house, tho.  Note: if he'd managed to accomplish all those things in my house, I would hope I'd had my own head examined somewhere.

3. Treasuresofheaven profile image80
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

No way, do not allow this person back.  This individual needs help which you can not provide.  You gave him way too many chances already.  He has basically taken over your home - you sound like you are the guest.  Hopefully, you are not depending on the individual for financial support.  Also, if you need resources, you should seek out other means.  Please do not feel obligated to take in a grown man - do not feel guilty.  Your family is torn apart because of this individual.  Be strong, take courage and you get some help and support to free yourself of this individual.  I hope for restoration of your home!

4. profile image61
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

If you do you're nuts. And tell him why. He doesn't need a second chance -- he needs a psychiatrist.

5. your cybersister profile image61
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

No, this person would not get a second chance with me.  I can't believe that I would have let anyone stay with me for five years and do all the damage mentioned in the question before I sent them packing.

6. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

No, he would not get a second chance.  Anyone who does not take care of YOUR property does not respect or care about you.  That is selfish.  They were a fairweather friend before.  Keep them that way.  Some relationships are temporary.  This sounds like one of them.

working