jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

my sons father left us when my son was only 3 months old. I had no interest in c

  1. profile image48
    SarahJane49posted 7 years ago

    my sons father left us when my son was only 3 months old. I had no interest in contacting him,...

    for some time, until, I found out my son had rare, and exteremely serious genetic disorder.  This disorder, was most likely past to him by his father, (there is 3% chance that it was a fluke).  I was able to contact said person on one occasion, and asked if could enlighten me, not to mention, give me all his health Hx.  However, since then he has completely vanished.  This is of immense importance, for it leaves my now 18yr old son not knowing if he can have children, and no, there, is not blood test.   Thank You, Sarah Jane

  2. profile image0
    BIKTMIAposted 7 years ago

    I would have to know all of what was involved you as a person and he as a person to really give any feedback health wise etc.., if you could elaborate tell me a little about you, and your family. Sorry to hear about the disorder I know that is a lot mentally to juggle.

  3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

    If there is no other way to contact him, if you are in the US then even though your son is 18 you should be able to go through DFS to find him, because he does still owe child support. The government has a lot better resources for finding people than any individual might have, and may be able to help locate him.

  4. Faithful Daughter profile image85
    Faithful Daughterposted 7 years ago

    If you know the state, or even better the city he is in, a good start would be public records. There are also websites that for a fee can check public records. Go to Google and type "people search" and it will give several websites. I also heard that law enforcement has a database that connects them to each other throughout the US, maybe they can help you in someway.Good luck to you and your son.