jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

Do you comment on older hubs (over 6 months old) or do you prefer to only commen

1. cactusbythesea profile image88
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

Do you comment on older hubs (over 6 months old) or do you prefer to only comment on new hubs?

2. Ddraigcoch profile image80
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

I do not care how old a hub is when I comment on it. Most articles on the internet do not come in to their strength until they are around 12 months old. Sometimes I have found hubs through Google searches, as a member of Hubpages I know how valuable comments are, so I comment.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I love to comment on older hubs, when you do it will bring them back into the feed of your followers, and others may comment on them. If I find a real treasure I will share it.

4. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

I often leave comments on older hubs. When I go to a Hubber's profile I will seek out the most interesting looking hubs. Sometimes I am surprised at how old they are and how many comments it has attracted over the years.

5. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I comment on old hubs too, there are some wonderful old hubs as well as new ones!

6. zsobig profile image81
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

Of course I do, as I comment on hubs that arouse my interest and make me want to share my ideas on the topic. It does not matter if the hub is old or new, if it worth a comment I will surely leave my opinion! smile

7. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Most of the hubs I comment are new hubs.

8. Traci21 profile image70
    Traci21posted 5 years ago

The majority I answer is probably new but I do comment older ones as well. I like reading everyone's Hubs they give me some ideas of what to write about next. smile Looking forward to see more on this question!

9. alvairs profile image61
    alvairsposted 5 years ago

I just started my hub and i am  just getting a feel for this environment. But i think that if a hub is of value to anyone the age of the hub should not matter.

10. pstraubie48 profile image84
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

I comment on hubs that are of interest to me. I often select the 'hub' button and peruse the hubs. If one sounds like something that tantilizes me, I read and then respond. Other times I hop hubs and do the same. I honestly do not look at the date of the hub.

11. fresh2def05 profile image83
    fresh2def05posted 5 years ago

I comment on any hub that peeks my interest.  If I ask a question and I find a 40 year old hub that answers it, I will comment to show love to the author.

12. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I comment on any hub that interests me.  I don't take into account how old or new it is.  If it is interesting enough for me to read the entire thing, and if I have something worthwhile to say about it, I will leave a comment.

13. Kalux profile image84
    Kaluxposted 5 years ago

I too will comment on a hub regardless of when it was written. smile

14. mismazda profile image60
    mismazdaposted 5 years ago

It does not matter to me...if the article is eye catching, then I read it or seems interesting....and I always try to comment..because the Hubber needs to know what you think about the article.

15. bridalletter profile image80
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

I comment on any I find interesting. Some are much older. I think they maybe hard to find because the writer may not have known how to get their article out there better or they were very new at the time with few followers.

Sometimes you find an older hub when you are looking for a very specific topic or keyword. It is worth it to others reading it to still comment; even if the writer is no longer responding.

New hubs are just a fresh way to get immediate comments and responses. If they are in the feed, I am more likely to find them and comment then when I have to search for them.

16. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 5 years ago

I generally won't because I know Hub authors are kept busy answering comments to newer ones. One exception to this, however, is when I come across one that impresses me with either its humor or unique subject matter.

17. Mrs Jil Manning profile image82
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

Interesting question! I would comment on any hub that interests me, and I love the fact that hubs continue to attract readers and comments sometimes years after they were first written.

18. Samkoskei profile image65
    Samkoskeiposted 5 years ago

Mostly I comment on the new hubs.New ones you would like to know more about:it brings out new themes.Though,sometimes I comment on the older one that have interesting topics

19. profile image0
    Leela Rainelleposted 5 years ago

I'm very new to HubPages at the moment. If I find a great Hub or a question, even if it is older, I will most likely comment. I try to keep my comment as no more than 1 year after the latest comment, though. But that's just my personal preference.