jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When and what in a marriage is enough for one to give up?

1. SteppingForward profile image58
    SteppingForwardposted 7 years ago

When and what in a marriage is enough for one to give up?

Is there ever anything?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Only the people involved can answer this question.
    What's important to one person may not mean much to another person.

Generally speaking however I would say anytime you have to give up something that keeps you from being true to yourself then you have crossed a line. Your (core principles) are what make YOU who you are.

Ultimately each of us wants to find someone who will love, appreciate, and adore us for who we are.

If you have to give up your core being to be with someone than you need to move on.
    It's not as though they are wrong for wanting what they want. It's just that they are wrong for you. In fact I'd take it a step further.
    It's not about Right or Wrong but rather Agree or Disagree. If you don't agree on the major things then it's time to move on. Thankfully there are over 6 Billion people on the planet. One has to like the odds that there is more than one person who wants what you want!

3. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

When the relationship in the marriage is reeling under the shadow of mistrust, misconception and mismanagement and  we are not in a position to regain the faith despite working hard on it, the couples should give up their commitments in the marriage.  You can say that when the bond of trust is vanished, keeping the relationship alive for the sake of name is  totally undesirable.

4. dawnM profile image66
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

Everything that dashingscorpio said and then I will add one of my own.  There comes a point when being in a bad marriage can affect your health, be it stress, unhappiness, arguing, abuse, when it affects your health and you are sick from it, you have to leave.  When we have bad health and cannot function, we have to take care of ourselves.  If your marriage is making you physically sick then it is time to leave!

Closed to reply