jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does a stepmom overcome the struggles with a birth mom especially when every

1. sureye profile image57
    sureyeposted 7 years ago

How does a stepmom overcome the struggles with a birth mom especially when everyone tells her...

she cares more about the children than the birth mom does?

2. awoodog profile image59
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

You have to take things in stride. You can only do what is right in your mind, you can't change the views of others. The kids matter, and they know who cares.

3. yazoogal43 profile image37
    yazoogal43posted 7 years ago

The care of the child is what comes first here.After the stepmom has made every effort to be civil and cooperative she need have no concern for someone who has apparently made an adverse reputation for herself. Jealousy causes people to do particularly unpleasant things so stepmom please be aware and observant when around this person then enjoy your family and holidays.

4. QudsiaP1 profile image61
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

It all pours down to the stereotypes. That is what you have to fight against, be the best nurturer for the child you can be.

Somewhere along the line they will silently appreciate you.

5. sureye profile image57
    sureyeposted 7 years ago

all of you just made my day! I find it hard sometimes to be the best stepmom I can be because of all of the eyes and stereotypes out there. I know one day my sweet stepkids will come to me and say "thanks." It's just the patience part that I hate...
    But there is hope!
    Just yesterday we dropped the kids off at their mom's house after spending time with them and my stepdaughter ran back to me and said, "i love you."
    I think that's progress. smile

working