jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I haven't been "in-love" for 14 years. Not even to my now ex-husband. I was in l

1. profile image46
    sassafrass7204posted 7 years ago

I haven't been "in-love" for 14 years. Not even to my now ex-husband. I was in love 14 years ago...

to my fiance who tragically died in a car accident. Since then. Nothing. Not even close. Could this be because I didn't fully go through the grieving process of my fiance? And after all of this time, wouldn't that happen anyways?

2. Syrusv37 profile image88
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

Falling in love doesn't necessarily need closure in order to happen. But loss of closure could be distracting you from finding the right person. If things are still eating away at you, love is the last thing on your mind. Falling in love may seem distant, like a fantasy. What you need is to come to terms with what's really bothering you. Your emotions are important, so it's up to you to protect yourself from further emotional pain in the future. Take some time to think about why you can't fall in love, assess your feelings. Only you know the answer to this question. All I can do is point you in the right direction.

And by the way I am truly sorry for your loss. I wish you the best of luck.

3. justgotlucky profile image55
    justgotluckyposted 7 years ago

It's hard to accept that the person we once had we'll never come back, however you are still alive and you have a life to live. Move on from the past, you might be unconsciously putting up a barrier in order for you not to fall inlove again. Life has so many things to offer, take some time to think and fall inlove if you are ready, maybe not now, but in time.

4. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

Let me ask you this, have you fully gone thru the greiving process yet? If not, 2 possiblitites come to mind. Either you are refusing to complete of the grieving process due to a fear of getting on with your life or, you have chosen to live the rest of your life alone, rather than try. I don't know anyone who would wish for the most important person in their life to spend the rest of their life alone if you weren't there for them. You are doing this person a disservice in my opinion.  They wanted you to be happy and you refuse to grant them that wish. Why do you do this in their memory? That last one was a rhetorical question, BTW.