jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What if you are afraid to tell your boyfriend your deepest secret?

1. bturn12 profile image58
    bturn12posted 7 years ago

What if you are afraid to tell your boyfriend your deepest secret?

2. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

If your relationship is just "casual", as in not headed for marraige, than that's fine. Nothing says you two can't have a healthy and fun dating relationship without having to be so deep into each others heads.

On the other hand, if you're truly in love, and things seem to be progressing towards the point of marraige/family... then that should be one of the factors that let you know it's for real, exactly the fact you can share your secrets.

3. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 7 years ago

We are supposed to be a little afraid of revealing secrets.  Also, I am not sure that we always need to let someone know everything about ourselves, it depends a bit, on whether it affects them or not.

I believe that the truth of ourselves is never entirely fixed.  It changes and grows over time.  I've known my best friend for over 20 years now and there are still new things I find out about her all the time.

That's the beauty of love - the journey into each other that never ends.  You look pretty young still.  My suggestion would be to walk slowly with each other and you will find the right time for telling secrets.

4. tysanders profile image60
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

It's not easy telling secrets for fear that others will judge us. If you have to question it maybe the timing is not right. Are you guys serious to the point of discussing marriage? If not, I wouldn't rush into that. Also, it depends on how deep the secret is. If it's one that could cause damage or harm to him then it's only right that you tell him. If not, then wait until the time is right. You don't want to let the cat out the bag and then not even end up with this guy.

5. bturn12 profile image58
    bturn12posted 7 years ago

my secret is that i cheated on my boyfriend and im afraid to tell him.

6. syancy s. profile image60
    syancy s.posted 6 years ago

i never feel afraid because i dont have secret i love my bf ..