jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why shouldn't a woman marry a man younger than himself?

1. jon smith profile image57
    jon smithposted 7 years ago

Why shouldn't a woman marry a man younger than himself?

2. Edlira profile image69
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

Who says she shouldn't?........................ (and I guess you mean younger than HERSELF ;-)

3. Rhayah profile image60
    Rhayahposted 7 years ago

Age really is nothing but a number...some people just connect and age definitely shouldn't be a factor in that.  If two people love each other enough to want to spend the rest of their lives together then so be it.  Society's conservative views on marriage need to change with the times.  Seriously I know of some 50 year olds that are as fun and wild as some of the 20 year olds that i know and then you've got some people who are far more mature then their natural age.

I say GO FOR IT!!

4. Ciminder profile image57
    Ciminderposted 7 years ago

There's nothing wrong with marrying someone younger if it's the right person.
    I think the earlier in life you choose to get married, the less likely it is that the man will be younger than the woman because women mature slightly earlier than men, which means they are ready to settle down and start a family before most men.  This is not, however, a hard and fast rule, and if it's the right person, anything can happen!

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I agree, age is just a number.  As long as both people are happy and willing to support and love each other--go for it!

working