jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why some people can not forgive others?

1. austinlyan profile image61
    austinlyanposted 7 years ago

Why some people can not forgive others?

2. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image79
    Van Lal Hmangaihposted 7 years ago

May be they don't realize that they are forgiven so many times by others. In short, it may be due to pride.

3. profile image0
    Dandraposted 7 years ago

Some things are unforgiveable.                                                           .

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

some people don't deserve forgiveness. why do people feel you should always forgive others is beyond my understanding.

5. webguyonline profile image54
    webguyonlineposted 7 years ago

i think it depends on the level of the sin which people had committed to them. as Dandra says "Some things are unforgiveable."

6. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 7 years ago

Some things should or can not be forgiven. Things such as infidelity, rape, abuse, murder. 'Forgiveness' means that individuals agree to restore the relationship to the way it was prior to the event. This is virtually impossible and unrealistic.

However, the survivor of these kinds of traumas can learn how to 'set down the burden' of the memories and events. This is not the same as forgiveness, and a survivor should never be pressed to forgive their perpetrator.

7. Shelvajay profile image59
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

As a Christian person, I am taught to forgive, but it is not easy.  I have a situation going on right now as I type, where I am not angry at the person anymore, it is what it is, but to restore the relationship to what it was before the chain of events that precicipated my anger, will NEVER HAPPEN.  I really don't care if I never see the person again in my life.  If I saw the person in distress, I would not cause or allow harm to come to him or his family, but to forgive this person in the Christian sense will never happen, because I feel that to forgive this person would open me up to the possibility of what we once did, and I don't want to go down that road again.  So I am going to continue to let him subside from my life.  I hope God understands, and I hope that God makes me understand how to forgive this person, because I cannot do it on my own.

And I agree with Van Lai, it may be due to pride, but I feel that person that I have a gripe with wants me and he to be like we were before the grievance, and I want that person to understand, with no doubt, that IT IS OVER.  I do not want a friendship with this person, I do not want a relationship with this person, I would like very much to be like I was before I met this person, like this person did not even exist.  And because I have to interact with this person in public from time to time, this person feels that he has to make a point to let me know that he is there.  So I hope that God can help me with forgiveness in this regard, because I cannot do this alone.